10 Times in College When You “Literally Just Can’t Even”

17

Everyone has those moments in college when things are just too much to handle. Here are some common moments in college when people are just so over life, they simply “can’t even.”

1. When you’re almost to the shuttle stop, but the bus pulls away. Not only are you now out of breath with blistered feet, but on top of that, you are going to be late for class. What a perfect start to the morning.

2. Having back to back classes on opposite sides of campus. You might as well be running in the Olympics, because trying to make it from art appreciation to chem lab in 10 minutes is nearly impossible. On the bright side, at least you will have your spring break bod ready to go by March.

3. When you walk to your 8 a.m. in the cold, only to have the professor cancel class at 7:58. Here you are having just forced yourself out of your warm, cozy bed, only to have your teacher email the class about the cancellation the minute you walk through the classroom door. After spending 15 minutes just trying to layer on enough clothes to make the trek across campus, it is not even worth getting back in bed at this point.

4. When a torrential downpour occurs in the middle of the day and you are nowhere near prepared. Of course, a massive rainstorm decides to start the minute you have to walk to your next class. Gosh you picked a great day to actually put effort into your appearance and wear your cute not-even-remotely-waterproof shoes. Do not be alarmed class, a wet dog has not entered the room. It is just a fellow classmate.

5. Bikers on campus. To said kid on bike: When I have my headphones in, it is probably not a good idea to leave only an inch of space between us when you try to zoom past me on the sidewalk. Thank you for your consideration, I need to go ice my bruises now.

6. Trying to go about your normal routine during a college preview day. Dear high schooler, I know college looks all fun and exciting now, but you will not be grinning like that when you have three tests and a 20-page paper all due on the same day. Also, it is kind of hard to blend in on campus when you have a name tag around your neck and a bookstore shopping bag in your hand. Just thought I would let you know…carry on.

7. Any kind of school election day. Everyone knows it is an unspoken rule that the drill field should be avoided at all costs on any election day. Here you are just trying to make it to your morning class on time, only to be bombarded by people begging you to vote. If the election is of any significance on campus, chances are you have probably already voted anyway, but even if you had not being attacked on the sidewalk probably will not make you eager to vote for anyone at all.

8. When someone takes your seat in class five weeks into the new semester. There are few things in life more frustrating than walking into class only to find that someone else has decided to sit in your desk. School has been in session for over a month now and seats were designated a long time ago. All you can do for now is glare at the back of the seat stealer’s head from the squeaky reject desk in the back of the room, but come next class you will do everything in your power to be sure that that seat is reclaimed by its rightful owner.

9. When your professor sends you 50 emails a day. Everyone has that one teacher who floods their inbox with everything under the sun. You have a test in a week? You expect to get at least 25 reminder emails about it between now and test day. You want an internship in Wisconsin? Not to worry, the details for it are probably already in your inbox. If your school email was like SnapChat, this professor would definitely be your top best friend.

10. Finals week. Does this even need an explanation?