What I Missed About College Station | The Odyssey Online

What I Missed About College Station

Because there's no place like sweet home College Station.

31
What I Missed About College Station

Well Ags, Summer is over and it's time for us to head back to college station where we belong. No matter where you are from, we all know you missed the wonderful College Station, Texas. I mean really where else could the entire city be named after a college?

Dining Dollars

Getting food with friends is hardly any fun, when it breaks the bank. In college dining dollars are the best thing ever invented. Guilt free Starbucks and Chick-fil-A? Sign me up, please.

The Coffee Houses

Who wants to study at home, when you could be acting like a hipster? Whether your spot is The Brew, Sweet Eugene's, or Lupus, we all like to hold a warm coffee cup and have "intentional conversations" or at least act like were studying somewhere.

Bringing my laptop places and looking important

The flag room

Listening to any other piano sounds pretty lame when you compare it to Texas A&M’s flag room piano. Also, if you have a friend who is able to play it, it’s safe to say you basically know a celebrity.

Not having to see burnt orange places

I think we all can agree that no one looks well groomed in burnt orange. Seeing that color this summer gave me a headache a few times. Also, people in this color tend to not be fond of when I say the letters "T.U." to refer to their school. I'm not sure why people get so mad when I'm just telling the truth. Anyways, Aggies, we are so lucky we do not have to look at that awful color all semester. Plus, Maroon soothes the soul, it’s a proven fact.

Waiting for an hour at Walmart... Ok maybe not this one ...

What fun is going to the store without waiting in a line forever? Freshmen, please come buy more things your never going to use in your dorm room, we didn’t need more toothpaste from Walmart anyway, well live! I’m sure my crush loves the smell of Gumby’s in my breath.

Gumby's

Speaking of Gumby’s, I’m not really sure what they hang on the walls and the smell of the place may make me question what is even inside the pizza rolls in the first place. However, we all have to gain that freshmen/sophomore/junior/senior 15 somewhere, and those greasy pizza rolls with Jalapeño Ranch are sure to do the trick. Oh, Gumby’s, how we missed you so.