Milestones Described In Song | The Odyssey Online

Milestones Described In Song

When Words Fail, Start Singing! A List of Broadway Tunes That Describe Milestones to a T.

122
Milestones Described In Song
98.7 wfmt

Here are a variety of milestones one may experience during a lifetime described perfectly through songs of musical theater.

1.) Birth- "Circle of Life" (Lion King)

Welcome to the world. Praised by family and friends this special day is for coming together and celebrating new life. After all they say it takes a village to raise a child.2.) Baptism- "Baptize Me" (Book Of Mormon)

Starting a relationship is one thing but with God it's like no other. No matter what religion there are musicals for them all, this soulful number really captures the start of this spiritual journey.3.) First Day Of School - "In" (Carrie)

Back to school and you know what that means? In the back of your head you are already drowning in homework and making up excuses as to why you failed a test hoping you'll survive another year with the same people you've known since preschool. 4.) Puberty- THE WHOLE SOUNDTRACK (Spring Awakening)

Both boys and girls turning into young men and women. The awkward talk of the birds and bees and how the body changes, hormones are flowing and it gets hard to contain yourself, but you'll get through it. 5.) Driving- "Freedom" (Unauthorized Autobiography of Samantha Brown)

There is nothing like passing the driving test after all those months of practice and holding those keys for the first time. Enjoy the music blasting on the stereo, hair blowing in the breeze, and seats filled with good company while getting lost on the road. It's time to take and adventure because you are finally free!6.) Getting Accepted into College- "So Much Better" (Legally Blonde)

Nothing that happened in the past is relevant now that high school is over! You are on to bigger and better things once you see you're name on that acceptance letter. So say goodbye to all the high school haters and show them what you're made of.

7.) First Job- "Opening Up" (Waitress)

Making some extra spending cash and gaining a little work experience for the resume. Your first job was probably babysitting, working in retail or a restaurant waitressing. After a while it becomes a routine and you might even get tired of it but in the end it's all worth it.

8.) First Date- "Nothing Short of Wonderful" (Dogfight)

Getting ready for the first date and everything must be perfect. The perfect outfit, perfect hair, and the perfect guy as if it was nothing short of wonderful.

9.) Saying "I love you" for the First Time- "If I Loved You" (Carousel)

The suspense of who will say it first, the butterflies, and thoughts running through your mind before one of the biggest moments as a young man or woman. Soon enough you both let down your guard and realize the feelings are mutual. This classic duet captures all the feels. 10.) Heartbreak- "On My Own" ( Les Miserables)

One of the most RELATABLE songs for anyone who has experienced a one sided love affair. You might think this person is the only one in the world for you and you just wish they could see it too. 11.) Marriage- "Marry Me A Little" (Company)

Finding the one out of a billion fish in the sea is something to celebrate. Everything you ever wanted in someone is standing at the alter waiting and this song describes the expectations of the dream marriage. 12.) Breakup- "I Hate Men" (Kiss Me Kate) "In Love With You" (First Date)

Women this is for you! Let it rip!

Men this is for you! Let it out!

13.) Divorce- "Loosing My Mind" (Follies)

Something that no one wishes to go through in their life but sometimes it is necessary when two people grow apart. One of the best lines in this song is "You said you loved me, or were you just being kind." Heartbreaking.

14.) Living on Your Own- "Rent" (Rent)

Paying rent for the apartment and paying for utilities are all apart of growing up. Adulting can be hard but sorry to the cast of Rent but when the landlord comes along ready to evict you, he has a reason. You have to pay your rent.

15.) Having Children- "Kids" (Bye Bye Birdie)

The song says it all. Parents what do you think?