10 Tips To Ace Finals Week | The Odyssey Online

10 Tips To Ace Finals Week

Dead week is upon us, use these tips to get a better grade.

88
10 Tips To Ace Finals Week

Finals Season is upon us! We have reached that point in the semester where everything that you do matters! You must continue to focus on your work so you can get out of this place. If you are struggling with how to start your finals prep this list is for you. Grab a few things that you like and incorporate them into your dead week rituals! I hope these work for you and I will see you on the other side!

1. START STUDYING NOW!

The earlier that you start the smoother your finals week will go. So start looking at your notes and deciding what you need to relearn and get to work. It doesn't matter if it's for 10 minutes or 2 hours! I promise that it will help.

2. Flashcards

Flashcards are a really good way to memorize key terms. If you have short answer questions that you need to remember to make a few bullets on the card and test yourself.

3. Get enough sleep

Sleep is super important! I know that as a college student its very hard to get sleep! So my solution to this is to study and cram very hard during dead week and relax during finals week!

4. Take breaks

Gettingng enough sleep goes hand and hand with taking Breaks! If you don't take breaks you will not be able to completely focus on what you are doing! Breaks are mandatory! So set goals and once you complete it treat yourself for about 5 minutes then get back to work!

5. Find a quiet place to study

You must find a good workspace! Most people head straight to the library but I would not recommend that! During finals the library is full of people that you've never seen before. It can get very hectic. So head to your dorms lounge or computer lab. Or, you could even turn off all your electronics and study at your desk. You decide what's best for you.

6. Study in groups

A lot of people choose to study alone but studying in a group can be great for certain subjects. Studying in a group will help you because you can learn from others and see how they remember the stuff for the exam. Studying in a group will also hold you accountable. If you slack they will tell you.

7. Create your own study guide

The study guides that professors hand out can be very confusing. And sometimes they don't even take the time to do that. So, create your own because we all learn differently. You'll create something that will be easy for you to understand.

8. Create a study schedule

Creating a study schedule is a great way to manage your time. This will help you get everything done as well as budgeting time in for those breaks that I mentioned earlier.

9. Review your notes daily

Go over your notes daily! Whether it's for 5 minutes or 2 hours I promise that it will help. The more that you review the more you will remember. Also be sure to review your notes before bed! That's the perfect time to gain knowledge.

10. WATER WATER WATER!!!

Lastly, do not forget to eat and drink! You need fuel to keep your brain going!

Good Luck on your finals and may the odds be in your favor!