Why We Love To Hate Nicholas Sparks | The Odyssey Online

Why We Love To Hate Nicholas Sparks

How is it possible that he is able to put so much emotion and love into each movie and book that he creates?

382
Why We Love To Hate Nicholas Sparks
nicholassparks.com

The Nicholas Sparks spell. We are all guilty of it. The same love story over and over again. Two people meet. One of them usually needs a little convincing but in the end they fall in love, but not before someone comes close to dying or even worse really does die. So why do we continue to pay money to see these movies and spend days reading his books?

Nicholas Sparks is pretty much the grown up version of Disney. These girls may not be princesses but they are pretty dang close. They are all gorgeous (insert Julianne Hough and Rachel McAdams) and in the end find their very own prince charming (insert Josh Duhmal and Ryan Gosling). However, there is one tiny little detail that is a little bit different... we kind of hate Nicholas Sparks just as much as we love Walt Disney.

Okay we don't rally hate him but we hate the way he makes us long for some perfect boy that is no where to be found. As much as I wish my very own Travis Parker (The Choice) was waiting for me to move into the house next door to his, it's not realistic. For the two hours that we are watching these movies we are made to think they could be reality but, they aren't.

It never fails that I cry at least one good ugly cry sometime throughout each movie and for sure each book, but why? How is it possible that he is able to put so much emotion and love into each movie and book that he creates? Through all of the deaths, or breakups, and even crazy stalkers, a feeling of true love is always in the background.

These characters go through extreme circumstances and come out with true love. We hate Nicholas Sparks because he makes us feel like we have to go through these extreme scenarios to find our very own price charming but we don't. We get our hopes up that our love story could be the inspiration for the next book he writes but is that really all that it is cracked up to be? I don't know about you, but I would take a boring love story over one of us battling cancer, waiting until I'm engaged to someone else before realizing I still love someone else, or having a crazy stalker that nearly kills everyone I love.

So Nicholas (surely we are on a first name basis after all these years), I am here to tell you that myself, along with all the other single girls in america would choose our own fairytale over one of yours any day! However, please never stop doing what you are doing my man! Cause your movies are the perfect distraction for us single girls. For the ones that are lucky enough to have their version of their own love story, seeing these movies are the perfect date night. Keep the books coming and the movies coming too cause there honestly is nothing else like them. We love to hate you but we can't replace you!