How To Lock Him Down | The Odyssey Online

How To Lock Him Down

how to get someone to forget hooking up and take you seriously.

372
How To Lock Him Down
The Fashionisto

We live in the decade of hookups, and “friends with benefits”. Relationships are highly doubted now days. Not everyone feels this way though; some of us are still hoping to find our prince in shining armoire but instead having them swoop us onto there horse, we want to ride our own horse hand in hand into the sunset with our significant other. Getting some people to see the values and pros of being in a serious relationship now a day can be hard. Call me your fairy godmother (really don't take me to seriously) cause I am here to show you how to get him to take you seriously.

1. Only hang out with the person in public spaces or with a group.

I know this sounds like some old southern tradition but there’s a reason they did it. If you are in public spaces it makes it hard for them to hide that they are hanging out with you and it sends him a message of what you want, that you expect your relationship to not be a secret. Being alone with them could just lead to the two of you hooking up, and might not make this person look at you seriously. So if you can go study at a café, or go do something fun like go to a trampoline park; you guys will bond and there will be no sexual pressure.

2. Make time and space for him, do not make him just tag along.

This means that if you and your girls are going to the movies don’t invite him to tag along just yet. If you guys are just starting to talk and he isn’t a friend with your friends it will just be awkward and you might want to know him better first anyways. This also means that if you are busy you shouldn’t invite him to just follow you around. You want to make a time and space for them and only them, you want to clear out an hour focused on getting to know them. This makes for clear conversation focused on the two of you. Talk about the goals and plans for the future, or your favorite movies. This is your special time for this person, to see if you really want something serious with them without having your mind focused on other things.

3. DO NOT watch movies alone with this person

I cannot stress this one enough. I asked around and every guy thinks the same thing “If a girl invites me to her dorm to watch movies alone I am going to make that assumption that she wants to have sex or something like that.” So this is just a plain no. It leaves room to do stuff that might not allow him to take you seriously; in the first couple weeks of talking this is crucial. This could also be known as “Netflix and Chill” and we all know what the chill part is.

4. Love yourself

Do not look for someone to complete you. You are complete; you don’t need a prince to swoop you onto his horse because you have your own. If you want something serious let it be to have someone that cheers you on and makes you feel good. Not someone to drag you back. From the day you where born everything you have ever needed has been inside of you and don’t make anyone make you feel any differently. If you love yourself it will radiate and the special someone will see all the reasons you are wonderful.

These are all just dumb small things you can try. The truth is that if someone really likes you then you wont have to do any of this in order for him or her to take you seriously. These are just small ways to jump the bridge from hookup to ‘talking’ or relationship. If you really are looking for a relationship though and the person isn’t willing to hang out with you in front of everyone, or put you on there snap chat story or respect your decisions then there not the person you want to be in a relationship with.