Best Local Coffee Shops Of Jacksonville

Best Local Coffee Shops Of Jacksonville

Choosing to drink from local shops is not only delicious but exciting.

65
Best Local Coffee Shops Of Jacksonville
AHH.photo

Coffee. Is there anything like it? Whether you drink it for pleasure, morning survival, or late night study crams, we all can agree that coffee has a special place in our hearts (well, technically stomach).

Since the nationwide debut of Starbucks, the art form and specialty of coffee has swept the nation. Lattes, macchiatos, espressos, drip, French press, pour over… the list goes on. There seems to be a drink that suits anybody’s taste buds.

Not only are the caffeinated drinks up to par, but the atmosphere of the coffee shops have definitely upped their game. I know that one of my all-time favorite things to do is meet up with a good friend at a coffee shop and sit on one of their inviting couches, talking over a cup of Joe. It’s so simple, but the environment a coffee shop exudes makes this everyday event so much more enjoyable. In my opinion, Jacksonville has some of the best, unique coffee shops I’ve had the pleasure to experience. Some of these stores a decorated with modern, sleek finishes that have aesthetically pleasing art and structures (also perfect for an Instagram picture), while others have that that homey, quaint and rustic feel about them. The beauty is that each shop is unique and has its own quirks.

It was no east task to highlight just three, but these are definitely some of the best Jacksonville has to offer!

Sippers Coffee House

Located near the St. Johns Town Center, this coffee house is sure to brighten your day. With positive vibes and friendly smiles, enjoying a cup of their delicious coffee is not a hard feat. They even created a whole list of combined flavors sure to enhance your coffee of choice. Some of the most popular flavors include toasted marshmallow, caramel mocha, and coconut chai.

Sippers also has breakfast and lunch specials, all of which are prepared in-house daily. For those in a hurry, the shop offers a drive-thru solution for your coffee fix!

Each table is different and unique in its finish, complimented with antique decor. There's even a wooden desk area to encourage work productivity. The comfy armchairs, wall of books, and cutesy sayings on the walls will make you never want to leave!

Vagabond Coffee Co.

This little coffee shop began in 2014 serving downtown civilians in a caravan. Now, the owners have opened a store in Murray Hill. This shop is the perfect place to sit and get some work done. The employees are the best and will talk to you as if they’ve known you your whole life.

Not only are their coffee creations out of this world, but their baked goods are a must try. Made fresh every morning, they’re famous for their homemade pop tarts. The daily flavor can include blueberry, plum, Nutella, and many more wonderful combinations. Their treats sell quick, so the early bird gets the worm (or pop tart).

Their investment into the local community is truly heartwarming. It is no surprise that Vagabond has quickly become one of my go-to places.

Bold Bean Coffee Roasters

Whether you visit the Jax Beach or Riverside location, you will not be disappointed with this hip, authentic coffee shop . Bold Bean proudly roasts their own beans in-house and works closely with their importers, assuring to pick only the best of the best. Immediately when I walk in, I feel right at home. The exposed brick and metal design inside is just a fraction of what creates such a wonderful ambiance.

Their single drip coffee is famously praised, and rightly so. I couldn't write this article and not mention my favorite drink, a vanilla/honey latte, which is created perfectly each time. The employees are genuine and dedicated to handcrafting your beverages, as well as making sure you have a wonderful experience at their cafe. Also, their Riverside location has an open mic night, where you will have the privilege to enjoy acoustic music from local musicians while sipping your coffee.

I am excited about the future of Jacksonville’s rising local coffee stores and will continue to enjoy watching their growth and drinking their coffee.

Honorable Mentions:

Maple Street Biscuit Company, The Fox Restaurant, The Cool Moose Cafe, Urban Grind Coffee Co.