5 Little Lessons From The Peanuts Gang

5 Little Lessons From The Peanuts Gang

Good grief, Charlie Brown!

176
5 Little Lessons From The Peanuts Gang
Google Images

Since Oct. 2, 1950, Peanuts comics have been gracing the pages of newspapers across the country. The adventures of Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and their friends are never ending. The diverse group of young people quickly captured America's hearts. As the years went on and major US events took place, such as the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., characters were added to represent an ever evolving country.

As young people, there are lessons we can learn from these characters. The struggles they face in the comics section each week may seem trivial, but when taken to heart, they have the ability to remind us of life's simple lessons that we often forget in our busy lives.

Take a moment to learn from these crazy kids and their outrageous dog. You never know what you might take away from them. Here are some lessons that I have learned over the years.

1. Face your fears, but don't be reckless.

Don't be afraid to grab life by the horns! The world shouldn't be feared. Go through life with the mindset that your fears and challenges are yours to conquer. However, don't stir the pot. Intentionally causing harm or hurt adds unnecessary stress and negativity all around.

2. Be confident!

Everyone has skills and talents that they have to offer to society. Don't hide what you're good at! Be confident in your abilities and know that you have the power to make a difference in your world. However, don't compare yourself to others. Recognize what you do well, and use it to benefit yourself and those around you!

3. Stand up for what you believe in.

Linus never falters from his belief of The Great Pumpkin. Don't be afraid of your beliefs, even if others shut you down. They are part of what makes you who you are. In our generation, it is very common to submit to others just because being different would cause irregularities and a change in routine. Stand up for who you are! Bringing a new perspective into the fold will help expand their world as well as your own.

4. Appreciate the little things.

Life can quickly get stressful and overwhelming. Taking a moment to appreciate the things you have been given in life can completely change your outlook. Everyone is given the tools they need to succeed in life; being able to recognize and utilize those tools is key.

5. Life is hard, but never lose hope.

There's no doubt that life comes with its daily difficulties and challenges. But never lose hope. The lessons that you learn from these challenges carry you through when you face the next ones. With time, the little challenges will become easier to overcome. By committing yourself to constant self-improvement, you will be more equipped to face life's adversity.

With your Peanut's gang by your side, you always have support to get through life's daily struggles. You are not alone in your challenges, just like Charlie Brown never went without advice, and Snoopy never went without his dinner.