A List Of 10 Unpopular Opinions | The Odyssey Online

A List Of 10 Unpopular Opinions

So unpopular, that they are pretty popular

5570
A List Of 10 Unpopular Opinions
StockArch

Now everyone knows that unpopular opinions aren't so unpopular because many can relate, but, they are pretty unpopular to the majority of the people because they find it ridiculous.

Unpopular opinions are fun to share when everyone agrees on the matters, but can seriously be a headache when many (which happens more often) are completely against it and have a strong opinion. Let's hope the latter doesn't happen with this list.

Unpopular opinions circa Tumblr 2012 coming right up:

1. The word "moist" is not cringe-worthy

What the hell is wrong with "moist" and why do so many people cringe (another unpopular word) when they hear it? If you're describing a cake that's super creamy and not dry at all, you tend to describe it as "moist." There's nothing wrong with that, so what's the big issue.

2. The word "cringe" is not cringe-worthy

Why do people cringe when they hear the word cringe? What's so bad about cringing or, okay, if you hate the word so much, recoiling way? Cringe is a perfectly good word for most people to use if they are writing a novel or if they are tweeting about a cringe-worthy experience. There's seriously nothing wrong with this word.

3. Emojis are annoying

Now, don't get me wrong, I use them from time to time especially when someone says something very funny or when I want to post a selfie on Instagram and have no clue what the caption will be, but what the hell is up with people who are all about emojis and put them everywhere? Like okay, we get it. You're 💯, you're 🔥 and you're also the 💣 and some other crap, but do you honestly have to put it everywhere? Like cut that rocket off.

4. Oreos aren't at all that great

I know I'm going to get a lot of sh*t for talking badly about Oreos but seriously, they aren't the best cookies out there. The only reason I eat them is for the white-creamy inside, and even sometimes, it's not the best. I don't like how dry the black outer shell of the cookie is. And when I eat it all together, it's so dry that I can barely even swallow it and yup, Oreos are disgusting.

5. Chipotle is overrated

I've only been to Chipotle less than ten times, and during all those times, I hated it. I was first dragged by my best friend who's a huge fan, and while it wasn't that bad, it wasn't that fabulous. Sure the guac is pretty great, BUT I don't like the fact that mostly all of them had issues with bugs, with bacteria, etc. It's supposed to be Mexican food but I feel like it's just an expensive copycat version of Mexican food.

6. Naked Juice is not at all disgusting

I love love love Naked juice. But sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that does because all my friends–when I ask them if they drink Naked–say that they're not too keen on the taste....that's what's weird because the taste is what attracts me the most. For example, the Boosted Green Machine is to die for. I like the thought of drinking a smoothie that has just about any fruit and/or vegetable out there...but unfortunately, not many do.

7. Tattoo's are cool

Now this is probably mostly aimed at the older generation rather than millennials. So pretty much, I find tattoos to be a way to express yourself through your skin. I mean, it is after all you skin. I don't understand why people with tattoos constantly get judged to be druggies and or criminals–it just doesn't make sense. And I have no idea why having a tattoo interferes with your ability to get a job... like will the tattoo not allow you to do your job, do tattoos secret tell you, "hey, screw it, go watch some Netflix?" No it doesn't. It's just super ridiculous.

8. Republicans are not bad people

Listen, I get it, some Republicans tend to be ignorant, BUT you cannot judge a whole group by a few idiots. I'm Republican and I hate the fact that I have to hide it just so that my super liberal friends don't judge me super hard. Yes, I'm all for women's rights, gay rights, and just about anything reasonable. Just because I'm Republican doesn't mean that I'm a complete airhead.

9. Makeup is fun

Wearing makeup, watching makeup tutorials, and just anything makeup related is super fun. I wear makeup because I want to wear makeup for myself. I want to try new things. No, I'm not wearing makeup to impress someone, no I'm not fake for wearing makeup, and yes I look the same while I wear makeup to when I'm not wearing makeup at all. I'm not Hannah f*cking Montana, okay?

10. Books are the best thing on earth

Okay, I get it, you might hate reading books, but did you wonder that it's perhaps because you've been reading the worst books? I'm not saying that all books are amazing, but many are. They allow you to escape by bringing you into a different world. Plus, your vocabulary begins to expand.