A Definitive List Of The 10 Best Taylor Swift Break-Up Songs

Your knight on a white horse actually does not have his license and needs you to pick him up on every date.

5454
Rolling Stones

10. Story of Us

Why? This song is the epitome of every middle school romance. One day you are holding hands in the hallway, the next day you awkwardly avoid eye contact.

Best break-up lyric: “Standing alone in the crowded room and we’re not speaking”

9. White Horse

Why? This was the song that you listened to after you realized that love is nothing like Disney movies. Your knight on a white horse actually does not have his license and needs you to pick him up on every date.

Best break-up lyric: “I had so many dreams of you and me, happy endings, now I know”

8. Out of the Woods

Why? The music video is epic. The end credits of “She lost him, but found herself, and somehow that was everything” gives me chills every time. It also shows hindsight is 20/20 and a relationship that seemed doomed from the start, might have not been as bad as you thought.

Best break-up lyric: “I walked out and said I am setting you free when the sun came up you were looking at me”

7. Back to December

Why? This is the song you sing to yourself on those lonely nights when you think you will never find love again. It’s an awful feeling, but an inevitable part of any break-up.

Best break-up lyric: “These days I haven’t been sleeping, staying up playing back myself leaving”

6. Last Kiss

Why? This is the song you immediately play after you are dumped. Sitting around in their hoodie and crying is also an inevitable part of a break-up. Luckily, Taylor is there for you.

Best break-up lyric: “All that I know is I don’t know how to be something you miss”

5. Should’ve Said No

Why? Because sometimes you get cheated on. And, sometimes, someone is going to realize that was one of the biggest mistakes of their life.

Best break-up lyric: “I should have been there in the back of your mind, shouldn’t be asking myself why”

4. Teardrops on My Guitar

Why? This is the go to song for when a crush does not like you back. Also, who can forget her iconic bejeweled tear, prom dress, and guitar.

Best break-up lyric: “I’ll put his picture down and maybe get some sleep tonight”

3. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Why? Taylor gives you advice that only a best friend can give. You need to be done with this guy for good. And, after you step back, you realize his indie record wasn’t that great anyways.

Best break-up lyric: “He calls me up and he’s like I still love you and I’m like this is exhausting ya know, like we are never getting back together”

2. All Too Well

Why? Are you even a Taylor Swift fan if this song does not make your top three? It’s heartbreaking lyrics about not being able to forget someone will make even Katy Perry fans cry. Also, the iconic Grammy hair flips.

Best break-up lyric: “You call me up again just to break me like a promise”

1.Clean

Why? Because after all the bad break-ups, eventually you realize that you are worth more than someone who leaves you.

Best break-up lyric: “Ten months sober, I won’t give in, now that I’m clean I am never gonna risk it”