Light of the World

Light of the World

Acknowledge this gift you have been given and never keep it to yourself.

5
Light of the World
Camille German

We were created with intention; with a unique purpose. With approximately 7 billion people in the world, it is so humbling to know we were each created differently, with a different role to fill, but with the same calling to bring glory and honor to our Creator. The Bible tells us about how much thought and care was put into creating each and every human being walking this earth, and to think that the Lord did that for so many people is crazy. Just that fact alone proves the love He has for us.

As Gods children, we are given a light. We are held accountable to shine this light with us wherever we go so that others may see and they too will come to know and love Him. This light should contain beams of grace, integrity, mercy, love, forgiveness, bravery, honesty and the list could go on. It isn't something we get to choose to do, but it is something we must do as His children. It is something we should desire to do. It is the sole purpose you are living.

These characteristics aren't always easy, in fact, as natural sinners, they are often pretty difficult. But fortunately, this guy we call our Father, the one who created us so intently, doesn't leave us on our own with the task. He gives strength to our weaknesses and helps us love in the areas that aren't so lovable. He holds the flashlight and controls it. He shines it where it is supposed to go and turns it off and on as needed. All we have to do is allow Him to shine it through us and go where He leads us.

We must be willing to surrender our lives so that the light will reach the most people. We shouldn't let fear or shame cover the light and keep it from reaching its full potential. What a privilege it is to have and hold, not only a light, but THE most needed light in the history of the universe. Don't hide the light; run and let it shine on as many people as possible. Acknowledge this gift you have been given and never keep it to yourself.