Life as a Pisces | The Odyssey Online

Life as a Pisces

Characteristics of a Pisces

1489
Life as a Pisces
Destiny Mason

Life as a Pisces

Astrology has always been something I’ve found interest in. The stars, the moon, space in general has always fascinated me. I was born on March 4th, which according to the Natural chart I am a Pisces, and after reading all the information I could find about Pisces I certainly agree. The accuracy in the Pisces traits and how they relate to my personality is almost scary. I defiantly have the personality of a Pisces, and I am proud of it. I am always interested in learning more about my sign and Astrology in general. I’ve gathered a few characteristics about Pisces personality and how I relate. Here is Life as a Pisces!

PISCES TRAITS

Positive:

From what I have researched on the Internet and read from the book “Complete Book of Astrology” by Kris Brandt Riske, M.A. Pisces have a number of Strengths and Weaknesses. One of the top strengths of a Pisces is they are very compassionate. I totally agree, I sometimes feel like it’s a weakness. I care way too much about things that I have no control over. I have so much sympathy for the ones in need, and sometimes that causes me to get taken advantage of. It encourages me do good for others and makes me an even better friend, and that’s where it feels more like a strength. Pisces are also very artistic, and this couldn’t be more true, for me at least. I am constantly drawing, painting or doing something to bring out my artistic side. It brings me such peace and makes me feel so accomplished when I am finished. Another positive trait for Pisces is they’re very intuitive. AMEN! I joke all the time about being Psychic, but deep down I do sometimes feel that way. I am a firm believer in following your instincts. It scares me when I have a bad feeling because most of the time it’s for a reason. Proudly, Pisces are known for being wise, and not to sound cocky but I do have to agree. I have always been good with common sense and full of good ideas and advice. Book smarts were a little more challenging for me, but I was still successful when I tried and paid attention. Pisces are also known to be musical, I have always found deep interest in music, I was in chorus every year in school from primary school, all the way to graduation. Music has always been as escape for me and I’ve always felt the tunes instead of just hearing them. There are numerous more positive traits of a Pisces but those are a few of the most common, top qualities.

Negative:

We are not perfect, by no means. We have a number of weaknesses but a few examples are, Pisces can be very fearful. This is a weakness because it can get in the way of us fulfilling dreams, doing group activities or even having healthy relationships. We fear the worst, sometimes fear things that most people wouldn’t. I’ve had anxiety about almost everything for as long as I can remember so I defiantly believe this to be accurate. We can also be overly trusting, which as I have gotten older I have started controlling that more and I have a better judgment on who I can and cannot trust. Pisces are known to have a desire to escape reality, this is true also. I have always loved fantasy movies that take you away from reality for a bit, like my favorite, Alice In Wonderland or done other things to get myself away from reality as often as I can. After all, the majority of the time, dreams are better than reality.

Some astrologers believe Pisces is the sum of all parts, that it has some of all twelves signs, and after doing some research I would have to agree. We carry on a lot of the same qualities as other signs and we are able to relate to almost all of them on some sort of level. I find that very interesting. As I have gotten older I have started asking my friends and even strangers what their signs are, and that has helped me get a better feel of what the signs are like as a person and which ones I relate to easiest.

Pisces Relationships

Pisces have a way of making you feel comfortable. We are what you would call a “people person”. I’ve always made friends easily and I have connected with people very unexpectedly. I feel as though we can feel the energy of the person we are talking to and it helps that we are very open minded. We can relate to almost anyone, and we are good at putting ourselves in the other persons point of view. We are very friendly and welcoming, but if we feel a bad vibe or feel disrespected we are quick to change our attitude and put up a wall. Pisces are also said to have few close friends, by choice, and that’s another accurate characteristic about myself. Like they say “its quality not quantity”. I have a couple of people I call best friends, a few genuine friends and a lot of acquaintances. My friends also range in age, they’re not all my age. I have had people in their 50’s and 60’s I considered my friends, and even as young as 4 years old. I have always been able to enjoy my time and relate to so many different ages and types of people. It’s amazing to be able to connect to such a wide range.

Ironically, they say that the two signs that Pisces is the most compatible with is Scorpio and Cancer, that’s ironic because my best friend since fifth grade is a Scorpio and my Fiancé whom I’ve been with for six years is a Cancer. I was a little surprised when I realized that small “coincidence”. It’s another reason why I believe a lot of what I have read about my sign and the other signs as well to be accurate.

Pisces at work

Pisces are known to be good leaders and they take great pride in the workplace. We work hard and expect to be financially awarded for our hard work. Every job I have ever had I have done proudly, whether it’s in sales, fast food or entertainment I have always taken pride and done my best. Pisces are not lazy, we are filled with too much inspiration and confidence to set aside and not use it.

Conclusion

I am proud to call myself a Pisces, I’m proud of the positive quantalities of course, but also the negative ones. I know a lot of people disbelieve in astrology and the signs, but after a lot of research and comparing I couldn’t be more convinced. My personality is a personality of a Pisces, no doubt about that. If you haven’t looked into your sign, I strongly suggest it. You may learn a thing or two about yourself. Remember, there is and always will be things that are unknown. We will never know everything, and that is so fascinating to me.