A Letter To My Greek Family Before Our Last Semester Together

Whoever thought graduating was a good idea is fake.

13
Gia Bitonti

Sitting at the commencement for the May Class of 2016 scared me... The next graduation I will be at is my own, and I can't believe I only have a semester left.

I like to consider myself very fortunate because I truly think that everyone in our family line could pass as actual family, even the family members who have graduated (shoutout to Cha & Nip). We fight and get along much like actual sisters do. We have earned ourselves the title of "That Fam" meaning we are attached at the hip, take WAY too many pictures (but really can we have enough?), and we always know where everyone else is (thank you iPhone for your location tracking abilities). Although we might be annoying to other sisters, I couldn't be happier to be associated with a closer group of girls. You are the best Little and Grand Little a sorority girl could ask for.

You both have taught me to bring out the best in myself. You turn my not so appealing qualities into traits that others would die to have. You girls ALWAYS have my back, no matter what. You take my side even when it's not the easiest side to take. Having true friends who always stick up for you is hard to find these days. Both of you always see the best in every situation, no matter how many girls are acquaintances with their Greek Family, and I am lucky enough to say that I am actually family with my Greek Family.

Hands down, I am not ready to leave college because of you girls. If there was an option to stay in college until you two graduated I would definitely do that. I'm not going to call anyone a liar, but whoever said graduating early was a good idea wasn't telling the truth because leaving your best friends is not fun. (How do you spell FAKE? G-R-A-D-U-A-T-I-O-N)

If I could go back and change anything about my college career it would be meeting you two sooner & doing whatever it takes to NOT graduate early so I could spend an extra semester with both of you. When I count my blessings, I count you both twice.

Thank you for being the realest fam in the game. I love you more than you'll ever know and I'm so thankful you were brought into my life.

Sisters by chance, family by choice. Forever.

Love you.

PS- Don't forget about me when I'm washed up :)