A Letter To My Future Husband's Mother

A Letter To My Future Husband's Mother

This letter may not be for soon but I want you to know.

112
A Letter To My Future Husband's Mother
Monster-in-Law Movie

I am nineteen years old and this article is not for now and maybe not even for soon. These are just my thoughts on what I want my future husband's mother to know and understand. I do not want a Monster-in-Law relationship with you, I want to be closer than that. Whether you are who I have in mind or someone completely different, my thoughts are the same. I want to thank you, I want to promise you a few things, but I also want something in return. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please take it to heart.

1) Thank you.

Thank you for raising a man worth marrying. Thank you for making him as a boy out of thin air and molding him into the man who he is today.The search was long and hard but your son stuck out of everyone else in the world to me. Thank you for raising him respectful and not allowing him to get away with anything otherwise. Thank you for raising him with tenderness that he now reflects. I know these aspects were not specifically for me and you love him more than anything in the world and might not want to share him but I thank you for allowing me to know him and love him as you do.

2) I Promise.

I promise to love him. I promise to take care of him as you have all of these years. I promise to keep him sharp and to not let him loose his drive. I promise to be there for him through everything. With bills to pay, job interviews, and possible moves, I promise to keep a level head and listen to everything he has to say. I promise to not allow our crazy life to keep us from visiting, often. I promise to treat you with as much respect as I show my own mother. I promise to love you and never breathe a bad word about you. I promise to keep our relationship (yours and mine) as strong as possible. I promise you all of these things in hope that you will promise these things back to me.

3) In Return.

I want a few simple things in return, I have a mother so I am not asking for another. All I want and need from you is a mother-in-law. I want you to love me as my mother will love your son. I want you to look out for me as my mother will look out for your son. I want you to accept me as my mother will accept your son. I know that I am not perfect and I know that you believe your son deserves everything in the world and I know that is not me. What I want from you is a chance. I want a chance to show you that I will love your son as much as you do. I want a chance to show you that I am worthy of your son's affection and I will be worthy of being in your family.