A Letter To My Best Friend's Fiancé

A Letter To My Best Friend's Fiancé

Love her tender, and love her well.

1068
A Letter To My Best Friend's Fiancé
IrshSuz

I am overjoyed with the news that you are going to share your life with her. You have given her a little piece of forever. This is something her and I have been dreaming of since we were kids. You have chosen to love her on her good days, and bad days. You have chosen to love her no matter the time of day, or the struggles of life.

Although I am over the moon for you two, I cannot help but be a little jealous. Not jealous that she has found love, but more jealous of the fact she has found someone to take my place. I know I won't be replaced, but since middle school, we have been each other's sister. I wiped her tears while she cried, held her hair after a long night, and watched endless episodes of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Now that will be you sitting on the couch with her, and wiping the tears from her face. In all of this, I have a few things to tell you...

1. Love Her Always.

She may not be easy to love at times, but she loves fearlessly. She will give you her heart, soul, and mind. She will take a bullet for you. She will stay up worrying about you when you're working the late shift. She will think about you 24/7. So please, oh please, don't hurt her. Don't take her love for granted. Don't give her a reason to worry or be jealous. Don't let her stay up every night wondering if you really are at that bar with your friends.

2. Be Her Prince Charming.

Be the guy she has always dreamed about. I'm not saying be the knight on the white horse, but be the one she has dreamed of. Be the guy who makes her dinner on hard days. Dances with her in the kitchen, and runs her hot baths. Make her feet float off the floor when you dance with her. Make her laugh until she cries, and make her laugh when she is crying. You will be her forever, so why not have that forever be a dream?

3. Be Her Shelter.

Be her shelter when she's cold,anxious, and alone. Be the blanket that used to warm her on those cold, lonely nights. When she's had a rough day, love her and hold her. Hold her tight and don't let go. No matter how hard she shoves you away, don't walk away. Stay. That's all she wants. Stick out her storms with her, and stay strong. Life isn't easy. She has reasons to be scared and be hesitant to open up before she allows emotions to flow out. Prove to her you will be her shelter, and you will be her comfort.

As you read this letter I hope you realize how much she means to me. We have shared so much and created so many memories. Now I am handing her to you. So you two can make memories, and share more moments. I'm trusting you to love her like she deserves, to treat her like she deserves. Believe me, if you don't, I will hear about it. All I ask of you is to love her in ways she never thought she could be loved. Don't let her go through her storms alone. Take her by the hand, hold it tight, and go through this crazy thing called life.