A Letter To My Other Half

A Letter To My Other Half

You are the better half of me.

2550
A Letter To My Other Half
Kelly Bouley

Thank you.

I'll never be able to figure out what in my past life I must have done to deserve a soul like yours, but... I will never stop thanking previous me for it. From the moment our eyes met, my life was changed forever. In that moment, I had no idea how huge you would become to me. I was in an unsteady place, with unsteady people, trying to figure myself out. I didn't know what I needed, or that I even needed anything for that matter, but along you came, and I got my answer.

Tall, dark, and handsome, was the understatement of the century when it came to you. Your smile lit up the room. All I had to do was look at you once, and you completely captivated my mind. Ever since then, you were all I thought about. Your social presence absolutely knocked me off my feet, and made me want to be around you at all times. Your personality was magnetizing, and over time it became clear just how perfect we were for each other. In case I haven't said it enough, I couldn't possibly get tired of you. You walked right into my life, grabbed my hand, and took me with you, before I even had time to realize.

Whether I was ready to fall or not, you were making me with no hesitations. I didn't have time to think twice, or a million times like I usually do, to decide if it was right or not, but I really never had to think. With you, I just knew. You brought me into your love with patient, welcoming arms, and you showed me how safe it felt to mean the world to someone. From the beginning, you did nothing less than show me what it felt like to be truly cared about. Within days you were my best friend, within months you were everything to me, and now almost an entire year later, we have both decided this was meant to be.

I am among the firmest of believers that everything happens for a reason. I believe that everything we went through, everything we failed at, or accomplished, were stepping stones to bring us to the moment we came into one another's lives. You were brought into my life for a reason, and I couldn't be more thankful for it. You became such a huge part of me in such a small amount of time.

I would easily say that I love everything about you. From your head to your toes, you are perfect in my eyes. While I see your flaws, I love them as much as I love you. Whether you are tickling me until I can't breathe, or you're creating an endless amount of knots in my hair from your playing with it, I love even the little annoying parts of you. I love the way you say my name, the way you get goosebumps when I touch your arms or back, the way your laugh sounds and how your head drops back when you're laughing too hard.I love catching you stare at me with your precious soft smile while I drive, and I love that you support my music even if you don't like it. I love the color of your eyes, and the smell of your hair after you shower. I love the silly jokes you tell me, and the way you take twenty minutes to introduce a story you're about to tell. I love the way you ask me if I am okay the second you sense any slight difference in my mood or appearance. I love the feeling of butterflies I still get a year later when your name pops up on my phone. I love the way you dance battle me (and always lose) and how you will dance literally anywhere with no shame at all. I love the way you push me to be stronger, physically and mentally, everyday. I love the way you hug me from behind, and how you can't go a day without giving me a kiss. I love how you can't spend a second without me, and how you make me feel so loved and wanted every single second of every single day. I love absolutely everything about you.

Thank you. You are so special to me and everyone who knows you. No matter what mood I am in, you make it better. On my darkest of days, you bring the brightest light, and you do this for everyone in your life. I couldn't have asked for a better completion to my heart. I found my best friend, my soul mate, and the love of my life all in one person. Thank you for completing me. For making me smile, for making me laugh, for making me cry (from laughing so hard), for supporting, and caring and loving me, more than anything in your world. I hope that I am for you, all that you are for me. I love you.