A Letter To A Friend We Lost Too Soon | The Odyssey Online

A Letter To A Friend We Lost Too Soon

Rest in Paradise Duncan. 1998-2015.

276
A Letter To A Friend We Lost Too Soon
Rhys Blair

Dear Duncan,

I still can't believe you're gone.

It's been a year, and things haven't gotten a lot easier. I still think back and remember your corny jokes and hilarious stories and I can't help but laugh. You were truly one of a kind.

As we enter this next chapter in our lives, it's weird to think that you aren't here with us physically anymore.

We miss you more than you know. We constantly try to justify what happened to you with reasons as to why God would take you away from us so soon. But I don't think there was anything that we could come up with that would satisfy our unrequited thoughts.

I think about you every day and I wonder if you are at peace. I remember talking to your mom at your funeral and I said, "I really wish he could come back to us." And your mom said, "Why would he want to come back when he is already in paradise?" It got me thinking, and I think I speak for the majority of us when I say, we hope you found joy in paradise.

You are so special Duncan and you are loved by so many. I don't think we'll ever find someone as caring, funny, kind and compassionate as you. Like I said before, you were one of a kind.

Your smile could light up a room where ever you went and your hearty spirit could make anyone happy. It's unfair that you had to leave so soon. But you served the Lord and he had a greater mission in mind for you. One that required you to be with him.

When you passed away Duncan, you brought the Class of 2016 together more than ever before. We bonded over our love and prayers for you and your family.

When senior year rolled around, I don't think it hit me yet. I still expected to see you in school, I was expecting to wave at you in the halls and laugh at your goofy smile.

Senior year was hard without you Dunc, but I think you would be proud of the way our football team played their hearts out for you, Nick and Alex.

I still go visit your grave, I sit there for a while in silence trying to muster up things to say to you. But usually, the only thing that comes out is, "I miss you."

Although you weren't with us physically, we know you graduated alongside all of us this year. And I hope you continue with us on our life's journeys into the future.

I want you to know that we love you Duncan, we always will. We miss you more and more each day but as long as you're in paradise, we're happy.

It will never be a goodbye Dunc, it's a see you later.

"You always stood out by your cute character and your big heart, those of us who got to know you were very lucky for having crossed paths with you, you now have God by your side."

#DB34

Duncan Blair 1998-2015. Forever in Our Hearts.

http://www.bcfh.com/obituaries/Duncan-Blair-192250...

Attached is a video tribute to Duncan. Please click the link and watch it.