Let's Do The Time Warp Again

Let's Do The Time Warp Again

Dump the social obligations and stir tea loudly.

23
Let's Do The Time Warp Again
themillstone

Have you ever felt like you didn't belong in the time period you were born in? Ever dream of living in a different time?

There are quite a few individuals who have completely time warped their lives. Some to the Victorian era and others to World War I. I don't know about you, but there are definitely elements in the Victorian era that are too morbid to think of; I hope some of them never come back into practice. However, I thought about doing a whole photographic series on death portraits, a very common theme in the Victorian era.

Maybe it's the advancement in technology and the sense of haywire in the government that draws people to think of simpler times. Then again, I am sure people will look back on the 21st century and want to live there instead of wherever they are. If you think about it, the 21st century is just a big time warp in itself. Numerous developments in society have happened, much like what was going on during the 1800s. A lot of old advancements have returned and found their way back into society. The amount of sexism, marriage, tradition, social custom and pursuit of love are still some major conflicts. It is almost like nothing has changed!

We are still so much like the Victorian era that it is creepy. Could you live a time warped life? If so, where would you go, what would you do? I feel like traveling would be so much more accessible. Without a doubt, life was a lot simpler, but not without its own pair of struggles. Currently, there is not enough scientific information to show that living in the past is indefinitely healthier or detrimental to the individual(s). But I can't think of anyone who wouldn't at least want to try for a couple days or so! I know one thing for sure, time can be the most misleading factor of all. Maybe some individuals are more apt to turn their lives around and live a complete Victorian or '30s' lifestyle because they see time in picturesque rather than not seeing time at all, as many don't.

Needless to say, people experience time in various ways. Check out the "Time Warp Wives" in your browser when you get the chance and see some serious Stepford Wives styling going on.

Now, I am not at all condemning those who choose to change their lives from the social norm. In fact, that I 100 percent agree with. Let's bring awareness to the benefits of holding onto our history and embrace the good and learn from the bad. We should all try new things and do the time warp again, because, why not?

We obviously have missed the mark on some things.