Lady Gaga Is Not Fat | The Odyssey Online

Lady Gaga Is Not Fat

What is the perfect body?

26
Lady Gaga Is Not Fat
News Day

Well society, you've done it again.

You have found a way to body shame a woman once again. You wonder why girls develop eating disorders. You wonder why so many girls are obsessed with thigh gaps and tiny tummies.

Lady Gaga is not fat.

The fact that people are posting pictures and making comments in regards to her "stomach fat" is sad. If having a pouch makes you "fat" and "disgusting" then I guess I am fat too. Not every girl needs to be a size 00 or have a waist the size of my pinky finger. Girls everywhere are so worried about being judged over their weight that they find pleasure in starving themselves or making themselves throw up after eating what they think is too much food. I find it shameful that our society is still putting people down for not having the "perfect body."

What is the perfect body?

What is the acceptable way to look in order to not be judged?

The size of a person should not matter. Lady Gaga wearing tight shorts and having a little bit of stomach coming over them doesn't mean she is fat. I couldn't even tell you the number of times that has happened to me or one of my friends. After seeing and hearing the comments being made about Gaga's stomach makes me question what people have said about me or the way I look. It should not be like this anymore. We should be able to look however we want and not worry about what people are saying about us.

To the people making comments about Lady Gaga, how would you feel if it was you getting called fat? People are so quick to judge others without thinking about how they would feel if it were them in the situation. Who are you to judge? While you're sitting on your couch, Lady Gaga is out and making millions.

To Lady Gaga, thank you.

Thank you for reminding people that you don't have to be a twig to be hot. Thank you for teaching girls all over the world that you don't have to hide your body. And thank you for being you and always killing the game.

Maybe one day we can live in a world where the shape of your body doesn't matter and the number on a scale doesn't make you feel any less of yourself. You are perfect and you are beautiful. Do not let anyone make you feel differently.