kissing booth review

A Forbidden Love Theme Is An All-Time Favorite And 8 More Reasons 'The Kissing Booth' Is A Must See

I'm obsessed.

43

"The Kissing Booth" is an original Netflix film that has stolen the hearts of most teenage girls and romantic comedy fans. This story is based on a never-been kissed Elle Evans who decides to run a kissing booth at her high school carnival. During which Elle kisses Mr. Popular and bad boy, Noah Flynn who is also her best friend's (Lee Flynn's) older brother. As you can guess, Noah is completely off limits but, that can't stop them from falling for each other. This high school romance has been a constant favorite for my girlfriends and me for nine reasons. Warning if you have not watched "The Kissing Booth" beware of some spoilers.

1. High school romance

Ladies, I know I am not the only one who is a sucker when it comes to young high school love because we have all been there and have dreamed about it. Since fairytales and other Disney romances, Noah and Elle are hitting that spot in our hearts.

2. The hot best friend’s brother dilemma

The forbidden love theme is an all-time favorite! We can't help ourselves but to root for Noah and Elle to be together, they shouldn't but that's even more a reason why they should be a couple. Facing all odds and ending up in a forever.

3. The player plot twist

• A known bad boy with a reputation and a motorcycle is the heartthrob of my childhood. When he can change his ways for one girl the plot twist I cannot resist how charming it is. Love conquers all and it restores our faith in players (kind of it is a movie)

4. The first kiss

How cheesy are you allowed to be in a high school romance film? ALL THE WAY! Imagine your first kiss with your dream crush, blind-folded at a kissing booth and realizing that its him then sparks fly between you both. Far-fetched? To be honest, yes, But I'm here for it.

5. The relatable elle evans

Decider.com

Elle Evans is a late bloomer, athlete, awkward and not as popular as she would like to be. She feels invisible but she's the girl you'd never think the popular, three-time varsity sport player, heart throb, Noah Flynn. She's you and me.

6. The best friend power duo

www.tunefind.com

Lee and Elle are the ideal best friend duo. Many claim guys and girls can't be best friends but here they are proving everyone wrong. You are able to be friends with the opposite sex without being more than friends.

NOAH FLYNN

High school didn't have a guy who looked like Jacob Elordi, a few but it was very rare.

8. The mean girl squad

c1.staticflickr.com

In the film there are three typical popular mean girls who are labeled as the "OMG" girls. They all want Noah Flynn but the popular girls don't catch his eye. With style and more sass than anyone, they create the typical high school atmosphere.

Rules are meant to be broken

theauthorbiz.com

Elle and Lee live by their rule book they created in the sixth grade and Lee's brother, Noah is considered against the rules. But when it comes to love, rules are meant to be broken.