Kanye West's Issues Are Far From Simple | The Odyssey Online

Kanye West's Issues Are Far From Simple

While reports show negative stories about him, people should analyze his work ethic and motivation.

12
Kanye West's Issues Are Far From Simple

As many people know, Kanye west was hospitalized for sleep deprivation and temporary psychosis. These two issues he was having are highly related to a great amount of stress that goes along with having to be at work at almost any hour of the day. From red-eye flights to late nights in the studio, Kanye's job and lifestyle is not easy. While he might be extremely talented and smart, there is a limit to how far that can get you. Therefore, it makes sense that he had to cancel all of his remaining shows and no one should be upset about it.

The health of celebrities are just as important as any other human. Therefore, Kanye's hospitalization should be taken very seriously. His shows were constantly draining him of his final boosts of energy and making him overtired. He needed to take a step back and rest like a regular person would. Most celebrities are judged heavily by the media, which does let anything go. For example, if Kanye took every other show date off to rest, the media would report on this and portray the celebrity as being lazy or not loyal.

Additionally, the media and the general public doesn't always notice all the work that goes into concerts and extremely popular shoe releases. Kanye's Yeezy shoe line is very popular among many people, as well as his clothing lines. Three of his shoes released the week of his hospitalization and these shoes sold out almost instantly. While Kanye most likely didn't take a huge part in the actual release of the shoes, he had a lot of stress associated with the shoe release such as aggravated fans who didn't receive the shoes. This just added to the stress of being able to perform his best for his fans at his concerts.

The main purpose of putting emphasis on Kanye's current well being is to bring awareness to the media's perception of celebrities and the issues it can cause. Very few people notice how much effort it takes to perform a great show night after night. This concept goes for all types of performers. Many concert goers are amazed at how great the environment is in a venue and the lights and props that are used. However, few acknowledge the work that goes into making this possible. This along with many other personal issues that a performer might have to deal with such as not seeing family for a long period of time or missing their home. There are many different factors that can affect a performer's health. Therefore, people should be skeptical as to what the media portrays, and know that there are many other factors that affect a person's mental and physical health.