9 Reasons To Bring Back The Old Disney Channel

A nostalgic look into our childhood favorites.

1489
All Search Canada

Remember when you were young, probably in your later elementary school years? Every day you'd get home from a long day at school, grab your favorite snack, curl up on the couch, and turn the TV to Disney Channel to watch your favorite shows of the time. Looking back on it now, it's pretty safe to say that Disney Channel is definitely not what it used to be. Here's a list of all the reasons Disney Cannel needs to just stop what they're doing and bring back the good old days.

1. "That's So Raven"

Whether you watched it for the sassy catch phrases, the styles of the early 2000's, or the Boyz N Motion, you can't deny that "That's So Raven" was an all-time favorite. It did the perfect job of catching our young attentions with irreplaceable humor while teaching us real life lessons. Raven Baxter juggled the struggles of high school with those of a teen psychic like a total pro, because high school wasn't enough, right?

2. "Phil of the Future"

Maybe it was the fact that everyone secretly shipped Phil and Keely. Maybe it was the magic of Ricky Ullman's smile. Either way, "Phil of the Future" was a uniquely exciting show that had everyone wondering what this wacky family was going to get into next.

3. "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody"

No, not the "Suite Life On Deck," because you can never replace the Tipton Hotel. Who would have ever thought that the idea of twin boys living in a luxury hotel would be such a genius idea! Whether it was the twins themselves, Mr. Moseby, Esteban, Maddie, or London, something about these characters added an immense amount of life and humor to the "Suite Life of Zack and Cody" that couldn't be found anywhere else. It even had some of us wondering why TV shows weren't eligible for the Oscars?

4. "Even Stevens"

Before Shia Labeouf was battling the Decepticons, he was terrorizing his family and friends as Louis Stevens. Whether he was pestering his teachers or his siblings, Louis and his friends always kept viewers coming back for more of their shenanigans. Imagine the excitement (and dread) we all felt when Disney Channel actually released a movie to conclude the series. While none of us were ready to bid the Stevens family goodbye, we couldn't deny the fact that Disney Channel could not have chosen a better way to end the show.

5. "Lizzie McGuire"

If Disney Channel needed a sweetheart, they definitely found one in the form of Hillary Duff, otherwise known as Lizzie McGuire. We followed Lizzie's journey through middle school alongside her friends, Miranda and Gordo. Maybe it was the blonde hair, blue eyes, or just her adorable personality, but something about Lizzie McGuire had millions of us tuning in every day. She went from being a normal middle school kid in the first season to being an international pop star in the exciting and romantic conclusion to the series, the "Lizzie McGuire Movie." Where was our fame and fortune that came with graduating middle school?

6. "Kim Possible"

Even though it should have come with a "Don't Try This At Home" disclaimer, "Kim Possible" was easily one of the most action-packed Disney Channel shows of the early 2000's. Millions of viewers were entertained by Kim's smooth crime-fighting skills as well as Ron's humorous quips. And you can't forget Rufus, because what other kids' series features an adorable naked mole rat?

7. "Hannah Montana"

Before twerking and teddy bears became her passion, Miley Cyrus was living a double life. By day she was ordinary Miley Stewart, but by night she was teen pop sensation Hannah Montana. Many of us were disappointed with the last season or two, but for the most part this show captured our hearts. Sometimes all you need is a sassy Southern belle, a few unique sidekicks, and maybe a few Grammys to create a perfect show for adolescent girls.

8. "The Proud Family"

Penny Proud was setting squad goals for us before the term even came into play. Her wacky family and sassy friends were more than enough to keep viewers coming back for more. We also need to mention the fact that the series was given the ultimate sendoff with the "Proud Family Movie."

9. Movies, Movies, Movies

As if all of the old shows weren't reason enough to bring back the old Disney, the movies are just the icing on the cake! From "Cadet Kelly," to "Halloweentown," to "High School Musical," most of our childhoods consisted of these Disney Channel classics. If we weren't gazing into the future with Raven Baxter or pestering the Stevens family, we were jamming out to Camp Rock or singing along with Troy and Gabriella. Regardless of what Disney Channel can manage to come out with now, we all know that nothing will compare to the old Disney days.