Get together, but keep it a secret | The Odyssey Online

6 Insanely Real Times Jim And Pam Had Moments Very Similar To Your Own Relationship's Moments

You always want that fairytale romance, but it rarely happens now-a-days.

380

Being like the famous Jim and Pam is a dream come true. Yes, they started on rocky terms, but they eventually found their way towards each other and lived a happy life in each other's arms. I was like that with my boyfriend, and hope that our little hiccup doesn't last too long.

In relationships with other people

Jim has been longing to be with Pam for years, almost since he first saw her when they started working together. I realized I wanted my current boyfriend when I was with my ex.

Occasional flirting (without realizing it at first)

Throughout the entire first few seasons of The Office, Jim and Pam would be constantly flirting: without the other person knowing its flirting. With me and my boyfriend, we texted for a whole week where we would be flirting, but I didn't realize that's what it was until he told me how he felt and for how long.

Going through bad relationships, realizing they want each other

When Pam found out Jim liked her, she was still with Roy, but things were not going that great, she just did not want to accept it. I was having trouble with my now ex, but I was too scared to admit it because he was my first love. Once I started talking to my current boyfriend, I realized I should have ended things because I shouldn't be unhappy in a relationship just because I didn't want to be alone, or lose my first love.

Helping through the rough patches of each relationship

It is obviously a while before Jim and Pam realized they were meant for each other, but in the meantime, they helped each other through their relationships. They don't want the other to be unhappy, even if deep down they know they would be happier if they were out of their current relationships. During the first month I and my current boyfriend were talking, I helped him get through his rough patches with his ex while he also helped me with my difficult times with my now ex. Eventually, we both realized that we don't want to be with our significant other, we wanted each other.

Get together, but keep it a secret

This relationship happened like in a fairytale. Jim came back after breaking up with his girlfriend, and he immediately asked Pam out. I had only just recently broken up with my now ex, and my current boyfriend asked me out almost a week later because he did not want to lose the chance again.

Have a big fight, don't know what to do

This isn't how these 2 end their relationship, but they do have a huge fight about what they really want from the other. In the end, they both realize they are happy together and will do anything, like move around a lot, if it means they can be with each other. With my relationship, I am not sure what is happening at the moment. We never got into a fight, but things happened that we can't be together-together, and all we can be for now are friends until things cool down. I am hoping this isn't the end, and I can have the same happiness that Jim and Pam got in the end.