Why The Movie ''Jigsaw' Should Not Go Unnoticed

Jigsaw came to teach more wisdom to the people.

90
Vimeo

Jigsaw. For me Jigsaw and the SAW series are the premier movies to watch, when it comes to horror. It teaches you everything you need to know about what type of person you need to be in life. It teaches you life lessons that our parents have been teaching us all along. It teaches that whatever you did in secret, will come to the light. It is very shocking, disturbing and exciting.

When I first heard this movie was coming out, I knew I needed to see this movie. I know that is the hopefully the quick fix, nostalgic feeling, teeth-cringing horror film that I needed for my soul. Contrary to popular belief that the remake was not going to live up to Jigsaw's predecessors, it was so methodical and intriguing how everything came about. Jigsaw's producers/writers used riddles in movies that you would possibly see in everyday life.

For example, the "key to freedom is in the bullet." The key was literally secluded inside the bullet, but the characters thought they had to kill themselves or the other to attain freedom again. There were two people who went through rigorous times in the movie, to stay alive. Well everyone who was in the movie went through horrific times because of their past. One guy lost a leg and one girl lost her dignity. One girl was struck with three different needles that contained dangerous chemicals and one guy was sliced up by a human meat processor, all because they committed sins in the past that they have never paid for.

Photo Credit: Vimeo

To be honest, this movie opened up my eyes for me. I was having a tough week with people and life in general. This movie was kind of a reflective piece for me. It was telling a story about me and how I portray the people in this movie. Now, I am not devious or cruel as the people in this movie, but I portray on a case by case basis, some of the characteristics that these characters have. I am entitled to have these feelings or traits as I see fit. But I also have to wonder how it will make the people feel around me, to a certain degree. How am I treating the people around me? Am I doing things for my own personal gain? Am I trying to enlighten people's lives with every person I come in contact with? These are things that I thought about during the movie and after.

I thought maybe I should not try to always do things for my own personal benefit. But with that being said, I know others are not like me. They are not like me. The world is a scary place and they will take advantage of me and others alike me, if I do not put my foot down, then I become there footstools. But in the movie, Alex Kramer, the creator of SAW, said that things work out for the greater good and the people who wronged you, will get what is coming to them, even if we do not retaliate. And sure enough it did come to pass.

So, the parallels between Jigsaw and the bible are very synonymous. It will make you see things in a different perspective that will benefit you tenfold. It is imperative that we recognize the signs that the movie and God gives us on a constant basis, because it really could be the "key to freedom."