Greek Sing As Told By Pitch Perfect

Greek Sing As Told By Pitch Perfect

Synchronized lady dancing is not lame.

25
Greek Sing As Told By Pitch Perfect

It's that time of year again! Greek Sing is right around the corner and that can only mean that your nights are now spent painting cardboard cutouts and practicing hand motions in your sorority house basement. At the beginning, you and your friends are really excited, especially after you hear how great the theme is and how many memories you're going to make at practice.

And then you start to hear horror stories about how intense it gets and how long and stressful practices were last year.

But it can't be that bad because all of your friends are stuck doing it, too.

Then on the first day of practice you end up being put in line with girls you barely know, but eventually you bond over the fact that you would all like to be anywhere other than practice.

After a full day of classes, sitting in the basement for multiple hours making sure everyone's hands are at the same angle isn't always as fun as it sounds. But, eventually, you learn the routine and it feels really great when you actually get it right.

But, unfortunately, that's a rare occurrence and more times than not you have to stay at practice longer than expected.

We're talking hours.

And then, even though you've gotten so much better, before you know it Greek Sing is here and everyone starts to completely freak out, again.

You make it through all of your classes and rush to eat before you have to get your hair and makeup ready. You get to the convocation center and you have to admit, you get a little worried watching the other sororities.

But there's not much time before you have to go on stage, and when you walk out, you know this is as ready as you'll ever be.

So, you try to remember everything that was shouted at you during those endless practices in the basement while the rest of your sorority sits in the front row cheering as loudly as possible.

In the end, it didn't matter whether or not you won because you made some of your best friends sitting in that crowded basement and you wouldn't have wanted to go through the experience that is Greek Sing with anyone else.