15 Holiday Desserts That Will Even Impress Your Mom | The Odyssey Online
food

15 Holiday Dessert Recipes You Can Make That Will Impress Even Your Mom

Be the best baked this holiday season.

86
@bettycrocker

If your mom is like mine, she expresses extreme surprise whenever I successfully make something other than a sandwich or a hot pocket. But what if life could be different? What if you could make fun desserts that will make you the hit at your holiday parties? What if you could surprise your mom with your new skills?

These recipes will get you at least 15 steps in the right direction.

1. Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bites

These are absolutely drool-worthy. You can even reuse this recipe at different times throughout the year and just change the color of sprinkles. Work smarter, not harder, folks.

2. Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies

Raspberries are the most underrated fruit. They are an excellent baking ingredient, especially when mixed with white chocolate. My best friend's mom made the most incredible raspberry thumbprint cookies when we were growing up. We somehow always convinced her to make them for almost every event we went to. They will be so good that you may not want to give them up.

3. Christmas Tree Brownies

I just think these are so festive! They make a perfect Christmas tree. Also, the icing and sprinkles!? With the brownie!? It is the ultimate dessert, Add a scoop of ice cream on the side (I would suggest either the Peppermint Bark or Natural Vanilla Bean from Blue Bell), and you'll be in heaven.

4. Eggnog Cookies

Eggnog is definitely a controversial dessert, but I am personally a huge fan of it. Even if you think eggnog is the worst thing ever invented, these cookies are worth your time (and your tongue). Give them a taste and see what you think. Who knows? Eggnog might be better than you think.

5. Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip

Gingerbread: another holiday necessity. There are many recipes that involve gingerbread of some kind, but to mix it with cheesecake is absolute genius. My suggestion for something to dip in this dish would be graham crackers! A sweet cracker with a sweet dip.

6. Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups

These are the cutest things ever! They do take a bit more time and effort, but the product is a delicious and edible piece of art! The fudge on the inside of this cookie with the marshmallows on top are hard to beat. Add in that peppermint handle and you've got yourself a hit!

7. Peppermint Bark Puppy Chow

Puppy chow is one of those things that you can make an insane amount of and divide it to give out as little gifts for your friends. Not only is puppy chow delicious, but it is also a method of mass-making gifts. When finals are too stressful and you decide that stress-baking is something that helps you focus, this is the perfect recipe to make.

8. Gluten-Free (!!!) Peppermint Brownie Bites

Y'all, I have friends that are gluten-free and can never eat any fun things. When I find gluten-free recipes, my heart jumps for joy. While I am not gluten-free myself, I always want to support my friends who are and gift them with a treat since they don't really get that opportunity. Plus peppermint brownie bites sound like a pretty dope dessert in general.

9. Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Stuffed Crescent Wreath

I do not think I am able to express in words how much I love snickerdoodles. I LOVE them, people. One of my favorite things to do at holiday parties is to go through all of the different batches snickerdoodles that were brought and decide which recipe is my favorite. Is this weird? Probably. Do I care? Of course not. Anyways, this recipe combines snickerdoodles, cheesecake, and crescent rolls, which is a combination sent from God himself.

10. Santa Hat Cheesecake Bites

These bites are absolutely precious. I would imagine that desserts in the North Pole for all of Santa's elves would look something like this. Tiny, cute, but also packing in a ton of flavor and happiness. I think I relate to that description on a spiritual level.

11. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies

Crinkle cookies have the most adorable name, so it makes sense that they're also an adorable dessert. Red velvet cupcakes are great, but you usually feel guilty after the first one. With these cookies, you can eat several of them before feeling even an ounce of guilt! I'm not telling you to overdo it. All I'm saying is that cookies are smaller than cupcakes, friends. Food for thought.

12. No Bake S'Mores Bars

Okay I know I went on and on about snickerdoodles, but I also have a weird obsession with smores. I have a tendency to try anything that is labeled with the word "smores". These bars are not only inspired by one of the greatest desserts known to man but also do not require baking! Perfect for the busy college student like yourself.

13. Gingerbread Bars with Eggnog Frosting

This recipe combines two of the holiday staples: gingerbread and eggnog! Again, even if eggnog is totally not your thing, this icing also has cream cheese in it and tastes heavenly. Holiday sprinkles are also always a plus. That crunch makes my soul smile.

14. Sweet Potato Marshmallow Bars

It came to my attention recently that not everyone is aware of this combination of ingredients and that made me sad. While this dessert is typically one made at Thanksgiving, it is one my family also has for Christmas lunch. Torching the marshmallows on top give it a s'more-like quality (and we all know how much I love smores). Plus, sweet potatoes are healthy for you, right? So you can eat it guilt-free-ish right?

15. Sugar Cookie White Chocolate Fudge

Did you really think we would get all the way through this without talking about a fudge recipe? Sugar cookies are a staple for the Christmas season because of the ability to decorate them so easily. Mixing them with white chocolate and making a fudge is genius. I wish I had thought of it. Those Christmas sprinkles tie the whole thing together with a festive touch.