I’m Single And Mingling And Making No Apologies For It | The Odyssey Online

I’m Single And Mingling And Making No Apologies For It

Who are you to judge people who choose to casual date.

213
Pexels.com

People give casual talking and/or dating a bad name but that’s exactly what I’m doing and I make no apologies for it. I’m living as I call it my “hottest life” and enjoying it to the fullest.

Now right away people will start slut shaming because I’m not just single and I’m not taken either so the assumption is I’m sleeping around and trying to make myself sound better. And to be clear that is absolutely NOT the case. Just because I’m a girl whose casual dating doesn’t mean I’m a slut sleeping around. That’s not me at all. I have a firm belief sex is only meant for someone you’re in love with but that’s not the assumption people make about girls who casually date. Automatically we are slut shammed with no questions asked.

I’m a 20-year-old college student trying to balance college course, work, friends and family and more so someone is going to have to be damn sure amazing to make me want commitment right now. It’s just not something I feel the need for right now. I’ve been in love before and although it’s the most amazing feeling in the world when it ends it crushes you and I’m at a point in life right now where love is not worth the risk. But this doesn’t mean I hate love or people in relationships or am shunning them forever. It just means at the stage I’m in my life right now I’m not looking for something serious. I’d rather focus on everything else I have going on in life and if the opportunity arises to go on some dates with someone or casually talk. But I should not have to apologize for living my life the way I am. And I sure as hell am not going to.

I’ve become a strong independent woman who just wants to live life to the fullest. So leave your judgment to yourself because I’m doing me and loving every second of it.