If You Give A Girl A College Roommate | The Odyssey Online

If You Give A Girl A College Roommate

She’ll want some crazy memories to go with it...

24
If You Give A Girl A College Roommate
Sage Falconer

If you give a girl a college roommate, she’ll want some decorations to go with it. So you'll bring out some of your decorations you made this summer-- sorority canvases, pictures, and succulents. When she’s finished decorating the room, she’ll want another succulent. And another. And another (even though she never waters them...It supposedly gives the space "charm"). When they're all hung and the room is looking like a home you'll ask her to go the gym. You'll have to walk 15 minutes to the University Recreation Building. She’ll reluctantly agree to go with you.

When she opens the door and feels how chilly it is, she'll ask to borrow a jacket. When she puts the jacket on, she'll notice how warm and cozy it is. She'll ask to borrow it and eventually wear it as a shacker sweatshirt almost every day this semester. You’re okay with it because she is one of your best friends. The jacket will remind her of sunny, warm California, the place she calls home and the love she feels for her baby nephew. So she'll ask if you want to see pictures. She’ll show you no matter what your answer is.

When that's done, she'll want to go out to take her mind off of being homesick. She'll need some Kylie lip kits and Broadway show tunes to get started. Then she'll ask you to help her choose her outfit. When the outfit is complete, she'll go to her favorite frat and you guys will dance like fools. But you won’t care because you’re having fun too. But it will get late and her mom-instincts will kick in so she’ll want to go home. She'll ask you to come with. Secretly you’ll want to leave as well so there you go hand in hand walking down Greek row together.

When she hears music from the frat across the street, she'll remember all the fun she had on her birthday. She'll get home and try on her birthday sign and shout, "I’M THRIVING!" It'll make you laugh so hard; you’ll knock over water onto your clothes. So she'll use the paper towels to clean up the mess. Then she'll need to find a way to dry your clothes. She'll probably want to hang the clothes up to dry. She'll go outside onto the balcony to put it on the clothesline. When she's out in the yard, she'll see the plants growing in the pots. Seeing the plants will remind her of succulents. She'll probably ask you for some. And chances are...if you give her the succulents, she'll want more decorations to go with it.

But if you give this girl a college roommate. She'll find the most down to earth, spontaneous, random, and hilariously authentic girl she will ever get the pleasure of spending time with. There is no one in the world I would rather spend 6 months in a tiny shoebox of a room with and still be able to call her my best friend.

I may put-up with her quirks but she takes care of me every single day, making me smile and feel loved.

xoxo