15 Ways To Make The Most Of Your Christmas Season

'Tis the Season

5

The Christmas season is one of my favorites. There are so many fun things to do during the holiday season that it’s almost impossible to be bored. You get to spend time with family and friends, enjoy winter activities, and give back to others. It’s such a cheerful season, one of the happiest of the year. If you need ideas of festivities to do during the Christmas season, here are 15 ideas:

1. Skiing, snowboarding, or tubing

Hit the slopes during the winter, it’s a fun way to be active all while enjoying the cold. It’ll give you a great adrenaline rush and be a fun time. Whether you go solo or with friends, it makes for great memories.

2. Ice skating

Ice skating is a fan favorite. Whether you’re a pro or a klutz, it’s another fun way to be active during the holidays. Ice skating could be a great way to improve your skating skills or give a good laugh. Warning: Uncontrollable slipping, sliding, and spinning may occur.

3. Play in the snow

If you’re lucky enough to have snow during the winter holiday there are plenty of things to do. Build a snowman, have a snowball fight, go sledding, or make snow angels. Or if you really want a good workout, you could shovel up snow for family, friends, or neighbors.

4. Christmas cookie exchange

If you enjoy baking, this could be a fun activity. There are plenty of holiday treats to bake and share. Plan a day with friends or extended family where you can share your treats and catch up. Try a new Pinterest recipe, plan a date, and bake your heart out!

5. Try making your favorite holiday drink from scratch

Another fun baking/cooking recipe. Whether you enjoy eggnog or hot chocolate, it could be an interesting experience to try and make it homemade. Find a recipe online and test it out. You could even make homemade marshmallows or candy canes to enjoy with it!

6. Binge watch holiday movies

There are SO many holiday movies to enjoy and get you in the Christmas Spirit. Freeform, Disney Channel, Hallmark, and many other channels offer holiday specials throughout the season. You can even catch some movies on Netflix. 12 Dates of Christmas, Elf, The Santa Clause, The Grinch, and A Christmas Story are all great recommendations to binge watch this holiday season.

7. Holiday crafts

Crafts are a fun activity you can do with your family, friends, or by yourself. You can make homemade ornaments, decorations, and wreaths to decorate your house with. There are many crafts to find on Pinterest to test out. Crafts are a great way to clear your mind and be productive all at once.

8. Volunteer/Set up a donation drive

Christmas is the giving season and the perfect time to give back and help. There are many volunteer opportunities around the Christmas season in hospitals, non-profit organizations, soup kitchens, and more! You could even set up a donation drive and help provide families in need with coats, toys, and necessities. No matter what you do, you’ll be giving back and making an impact in some way. Not only that, but it’ll also be a very rewarding and eye opening experience for yourself.

9. Go shopping

During the Christmas season, there are a lot of big sales going on. Whether you treat yourself with a gift or buy gifts for others, you’ll be making someone’s day. You could buy gifts for donations, friends, and family members to help spread the Christmas spirit during the season of giving.

10. Find a part-time job

If you feel like you need some extra cash, many stores hire during the holidays as seasonal positions. It’s the perfect time to make some extra money while on Christmas break and keep you busy.

11. Secret Santa

Something fun to do with friends is a secret Santa draw. Select a budget, create an anonymous draw, and plan a date to exchange. This is a great way to catch up with friends and be creative.

12. Look at Christmas lights

One of my favorite things about the Christmas season are all the lights decorated throughout neighborhoods. The lights are absolutely mesmerizing to look at. There are so many Christmas light shows and events around. Zoos, cities, and some neighborhoods plan light shows in celebration of the season. Take a drive around the city or go to a local event and check out some light displays.

13. Throw a holiday party

Ugly Christmas sweater party? Celebration party? Whether it’s a party with coworkers, friends, or family this is a great excuse to plan a festivity. You can show off your homemade decor, baked goods, and festive attire all while spreading the Christmas spirit and having fun with the ones you love.

14. Learn about other holidays

December is not a month all about Christmas. Other holidays are also celebrated and it’s important to acknowledge and learn more about those festivities. Hanukkah and Kwanzaa are other holidays celebrated in December. Do research and learn more about the holidays to get a new perspective for other celebrations.

15. Spend time with family

Most importantly, spend time with family. Spending time with loved ones is positive for your health and increases your personal happiness. We often take advantage of our family members, but it’s important to spend time with those especially during the happiest season of the year.

There are hundreds of other things to do during the holidays, but these are just 15 examples. I encourage you all, to go out there, have fun, and spread the holiday cheer. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Kwanzaa, or Hanukkah, enjoy the holidays and spend time with those around you. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!