Human DNA Found In Hot Dogs | The Odyssey Online

Human DNA Found In Hot Dogs

Is Oscar In Your Oscar Mayer

14
Human DNA Found In Hot Dogs

Probably some of the strangest news in the food industry since that time horse meat was found in Ikea's meatballs, it was recently stated by researchers that they found human DNA in Hot Dogs. I wonder what that weird hot dog guy from, "The Happening" has to say about this. This research project begs the question, who asked you anyways? I mean no one really knew what was in hot dogs in the first place but, they were always too afraid to ask because they knew it was gross. A certain expression comes to mind when thinking about this whole fiasco which is, "ignorance is bliss", no one is going to stop eating hot dogs after this they are just going to be more disgusted with themselves than usual.

Researchers looked at 345 hot dogs from 75 brands and found that two percent of those dogs had human DNA in them, and about two thirds of those two percent happened to be veggie dogs, which is another point towards reasons not to be a vegetarian. Before you start thinking that you're actually eating a guy named Frank in a Fenway Frank, notice that the DNA that you're probably not eating is mostly human hair and finger nails. It is has been proclaimed that the DNA you may be eating is not harmful to the consumer. Good thing too because if Superman ever worked at a hot dog plant and you ate some of his DNA it would be the lamest way to get super powers. If you've ever watched the Food Inc. documentary you'd probably understand why hair and nails are getting into the food, but that only stopped you from eating fast food for like a week and this scandal will only detour hot dog lovers for a short period of time.

Completely unrelated to the human DNA findings, it was discovered that 10 percent of the veggie dogs of the ones tested contained meat. Vegetarians have a tough life as it is already but finding out the things they've been eating to bend the rules of not eating meat, breaks the rules altogether. Vegetarians now have to question everything they eat and wonder if there are traces of meat involved. So if you're a vegetarian and you had a veggie dog recently you might have eaten meat.

Next time you're at a baseball game or sonic or wherever your hot dog supply comes from, think twice about eating it and then eat anyways because you probably already paid for it and you don't want to waste money in this economy. Let's face it you never feel good or exited about getting a hot dog, a hot dog is a hamburger's underachieving little brother, but you love them anyways because they taste good and now you know you love the taste of human DNA.