How To Hang Out By Yourself

How To Hang Out By Yourself

A guide for those who need help finding out what to do with themselves.

2341
How To Hang Out By Yourself
http://blogdata.teva.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/1000things205.jpg

As I have gotten older, there is a realization that I have made about myself as a human being. I love hanging out by myself. There’s nothing quite like it, at least to me. I can do whatever I want, whether it be lounge around on the couch and play video games or go into a binge-watching spree on YouTube. Hanging out by myself is awesome, but not everyone shares that sentiment.

There are people in this world who are in a constant need of things to do. There is no sitting still for them or taking a “me day.” These people must always have some activity going on. But there will always be that off chance that the plans they had going for them fell through and now they’re stuck, lazing around at home, unable to figure out just how to “hang out by themselves.”

1. Find Something You Enjoy Doing

The number one thing that you will need to do if you want to pursue the act of hanging out with yourself is finding something to do. Maybe you pull at that book that you’ve been meaning to read for the last three years or perhaps you just sit down in front of your computer and stare at videos of cats playing the piano for hours on end, but regardless of what you do, make sure that enjoy that activity. There’s nothing worse than doing something that bores you.

2. Social Media = No

If you are going to hang out by yourself, there is one thing that you should really not do. Do not constantly check your social media. Social media is a platform for people to say, “Look at all the things that I’m doing that you aren’t!” Chances are that you’ll be wanting to do all the things you can’t do, so for the time being, put your phone away and don’t worry about replying to peoples Snapchats or Twitter DM’s. Today is a day for you to be with yourself.

3. Have Your Own Concert

If you are by yourself, listening to music is an absolute must. If you live in an area where people don’t mind the volume of your music, even better. Take this time to let loose and make a fool of yourself. If no one’s watching, what’s stopping you? Turn on that Top 100 radio and start singing/lip-syncing!

4. Eat Something/Everything

There will be a time at some point in your day when that pain called hunger strikes. It might be extremely later in the day because, for some reason, you forgot that food was an actual thing that human beings needed to survive in life. So once you’ve remembered that, maybe look in your pantry/cupboard and see what you have. If there’s something you want, make it! Who’s there to stop you? However, if you are not savvy in the art of cooking, fear not. That is what pizza delivery is for.

5. Take a Nap

Sometimes there is nothing better than falling asleep, knowing that you have no obligation toward anything. So if you’ve been falling behind on sleep or even if you’re way caught up on it, when you hang out by yourself, taking a nap is always an option.

There are your five tips for hanging out by yourself. Remember to enjoy yourself, because if you can’t enjoy hanging out by yourself, how is anyone else going to?