How Nature Inspires The Human Mind | The Odyssey Online

How Nature Inspires The Human Mind

Let the complex beauty of the Earth ignite endless passion.

232
How Nature Inspires The Human Mind
Evan Clark

Nature has a charming way of communicating its emotions. Happiness is found in a smile that disguises itself as a ray of sun. A delicate snowflake landing on the tip of a nose may be the gentle touch that was longed for. The wind expresses perseverance and determination as the breath of life pushes the back onward.

The Earth gives form to nature, and is kind and eloquent with its love; it gives the air to the atmosphere, the water to the stream, and the twig that the ant carries on it's back. Nature has a beckoning touch, pulling the self outside to breathe the crisp air deep into the lungs and back out into the world.

Just as each human varies in what resonates with their being, each type of weather evokes a different emotion in the mind. Whether comfort comes in the form of a dark, rainy day or a big sparkling sun, it warms the heart to be in a place so natural, fresh, and true. This allows for happiness to be found in one's favored environment.

Once in that remarkable place, the heart will beat robustly in the cage of the chest and communicate to the mind the feeling of belonging. Observe, connections can be seen all around, as the dirt gives life to the tree which grows fruit to support more life.

Natural and pure, these connections awaken positivity and light. They remind the self to extend kindness to the furthest possible reach; to greet every being, no matter how big, small, or different with warmth. What is put out is eventually received back, and the cycle continues forward.

A garden of creativity lives in the brain. Seeds that will sprout ideas are planted when true peace in the outdoors is experienced. As time goes on, the new thoughts grow to become intricate and unique. When the time comes where creativity is most needed, beautiful flowers of inspiration are ready to blossom and shower the mind with brilliance.