Hold My Hand, Darling | The Odyssey Online

Hold My Hand, Darling

Proclaim To The World Our Love

302
Hold My Hand, Darling
Jennifer Fineman and Jordan Siegel

You love the way your hands feel when they get all moist. That is called sweat, right? You are sweating. Thank the lord you are sweating! Sweating not because you are nervous, but sweating because you love someone. Well, I guess love can make you nervous. But what I am trying to say is that you love everything about this person. You love this person's eyes, smile and especially you love holding their hand. You love holding their hand and how the world feels just right that moment of. The feeling that no one can come between the two of you. The feeling that there is no breaking you apart; that you are with your own and only. There is no other hand to get in your way; there is no other person. Your hands are safe as long as they are together. When we are children, a designated signal of falling in love with someone is holding that person's hand. You love the moment when you hold this person's hand after a long time of not holding it. When you are in love with someone, there is no reason why you should be apart.

When you are holding your love's hand, you feel like there is no breaking the two of you apart.

You are proud that you are holding his hand and you are grateful to be with this person.

If you are in a long distance relationship, taking advantage of every priceless moment to hold your love's hand is special.

It is not every day you get to walk around the street or through the grocery store with someone you really care about. Even if they are just running errands with you, you can't take any moment for granted.

And if you are in a long distance relationship, you hope that long distance won't be forever.

You hope that you can wake up one morning, walking to the nearby coffee shop with him, holding his hand every day.

"Your hand is glued to my hand."

That is the thought you have in your mind. It is the thought that when you are with this person, you never want to let go of this person's hand.

And it is not that you are too clingy to this person, it is that you care for this person tremendously.

The concept of being "too clingy" is absolutely stupid. If you care for someone, wrap them in your arms, proclaim to the whole social media that you love them, and hold their hand to show much you care.

Whatever gender the person is you are in love with, love them.

Because this is your man. This is your girl! This is them. Show the world you love this person. Show all the friends of his that flirt with him, the girls that twirl their hair at him, that this is the person you love. And if you are truly in love, there is no one in the right mind that can get in between you guys. So tell those girls "shoo!"

This person makes you feel safe.

This person is home to you. They are the love and the nurture you crave for. You love them for these characteristics and so much more. And in return, you hope to make this person feel just as safe.

This person makes you feel like the real you.

When you are holding this person's hand, they make you feel free. They make you feel all the feelings you don't feel when you are not around them. You are not the person seeking to impress others. The only person you seek to impress is yourself.

Because when we hold hands, you remind the world that you are mine and I am yours.

You make me remember how much you love me. You make me remember that fate put us together for a reason and no one is breaking us apart.

And holding hands is meaningful.

For goodness sake, the couple is in love and if you believe in fate, it must be working. So hold your loved one's hand now. Hold this person's hand tomorrow. Hold this person's hand when you are old and married. Simply call this person yours.