Here's To My First Love

Here's To My First Love

By Me, For You.

38
Here's To My First Love

Dear You,

Anyone who knows me, knows whoYouare. You're the one that changed who I was and made me a better person. You're the one that pushed me to do better and the one that no one ever saw me lasting as long as I did with. You're the one that I could never stop talking about and the one I chased for a year before getting to even have our first real conversation. You're the first person I look for when I walk in a room and the one that will forever be my person.

I remember it all. Our first date. The times we would be running late and I'd have to speed to get you home so your dad didn't kill us. The time your parents caught us making out at that tiny store on the corner. You stressing over every test because you always wanted to be the best. Us getting to spend prom together two years in a row and you seeing me completely wasted afterward. When you finally met my parents and you were so nervous. Lord, you were so scared they wouldn't like you. Even today they ask about you. They loved you far more than either of us ever thought they would.

I know I was never the best at showing my emotions, never really have been, but for you I really did try. I have cried over you, as much as I hate to admit it. There's been days that I wonder if you're doing alright when I know I was the furthest thing from your mind. I know that sometimes I seemed controlling, I promise I had your best interest at heart. I know I got jealous a lot but with a girl like you, how couldn't I? On top of all I sorry of my terrible temper. It probably caused the majority of our problems. I never knew how to just shut up and let you win. I never could admit I was wrong but I see where that got me.

Still today you're my person, you're still the first person I look for when I walk into a room. I still think you are the most beautiful girl on Earth. Hair up, no makeup, sweatpants and a t-shirt especially. I still think everything you do is beautiful. So even if we aren't together, and even if we don't end up together in the end I don't regret anything with you. So here's to the girl that has had the biggest impact on who I am now. Here's to the girl that still has my heart.

Here's to my first love.