The 15 Best Spongebob Episodes Ever

The 15 Best Spongebob Episodes Ever

The official, undisputed list of Spongebob's greatest hits.

265
The 15 Best Spongebob Episodes Ever
Stephen Hillenburg

A few days ago, my friend Colin Rockwood (@hqstation98) created a Twitter poll asking his followers which episode of Spongebob outshines the rest. Twitter allows for only four options, which led to some highly contentious debates (mainly with me) about which episodes should have made the cut. Here they are.

15. S3E15b: Mid-Life Crustacean

In this episode, Mr. Krabs is not merely a cheapskate; he is given a deeper and more meaningful portrayal as a desparate man trying to relive his younger years.

14. S3E15a: The Great Snail Race

The true colors of three main characters reveal themselves in this episode: Spongebob as competitive and ruthless, Patrick as calm and stupid, and Squidward as consistently himself as always.

13. S3E5a: Mermaidman and Barnacleboy IV

I wumbo, you wumbo, he, she, me wumbo.

12. S3E16b: I Had an Accident

Spongebob epitomizes introversion in this confusing, violent, and satisfying tale.

11. S3E4b: Idiot Box

Taking boxing to a new level, Spongebob and Patrick enlighten Squidward on the powers of the aquatic brain.

10. S1E17b: Rock Bottom

Spongebob finds *plthththth* himself abandoned *plthththth* in a *plthththth* strange *plthththth* new town called Rock *plthththth* Bottom.

9. S3E17b: The Camping Episode

It's as if this episode were written by a boy scout who takes sadistic pleasure in watching Squidward endure wave after wave of torture. Also featured in this episode is the best song in the series.

8. S3E8b: Squilliam Returns

The inner machinations of Spongebob's mind would be enough to get this episode to the top ten, but this segment also includes the always-hilarious rivalry between Squilliam and Squidward.

7. S2E19b: The Fry Cook Games

It's like the Olympics, but better.

6. S1E15a: Sleepy Time

It's likeInception, but better.

5. S2E16a: Graveyard Shift

The episode that makes you question why your walls always ooze green slime.

4. S1E14a: SB-129

Not only did this episode spawn a popular meme (caveman Spongebob), but it also chronicles Squidward's adventures through time.

3. S1E5a: Pizza Delivery

The Krusty Krab Pizza is, indeed, the pizza for me.

2. S2E15b: Band Geeks

In the words of my friend: "The most satisfying ending of any form of media. Ever."

1. S3E2a Club Spongebob

Ask the Conch what her favorite episode is, and you will find that this is the answer.