Happy Anniversary, Mom And Dad

Happy Anniversary, Mom And Dad

Thank you for continuing to love and care for each other and showing us how it's done.

98
Happy Anniversary, Mom And Dad
Meagan Bloxdorf

In this day and age, it's not uncommon for parents to be divorced. Instead, those whose parents are still married and together are often considered lucky by a standard of means. And we are lucky. For as long as we can remember, our parents have stood side by side and have always been there for us. Supporting us, teaching us, helping us and everything else in between. However, there are some lessons our parents haven't necessarily taught us, but have demonstrated to us over time.

As children, we learn so much from how our parents interact with each other and treat one another. While we know that our parents may butt heads and may honestly seem like they could rip each other's heads off at times, they've shown us that we can work through our problems and help one another by coming together in times of need; that love overcomes all else if you work together. They've taught us how to properly treat people around us and how to use our minds and our manners. They've stayed up fighting all night over bills and money, yet we know that everything will be OK because somehow our parents can pull miracles out of thin air. Our parents have shown us compassion and have been there for us when we needed them most and continue to do so. Likewise, they have put their foot down to teach us the lesson we deserved when things didn't go our way. Most importantly, they have stuck up for us and have put us first every second of every day since we've graced them with our presence. They would give us the last piece of cake even though they've been eyeing it all day without missing a beat, and wouldn't hesitate to give us the shirt off their back even if it was the last thing they had. As parents, they have watched us grow over time and helped us along the way every step, even if we didn't necessarily want their help. Thankfully, our parents have been able to show us the ropes of growing up all while under the same roof, and have proved to us that people do still love each other enough to work through the bad times in exchange for all the good ones. Together, they have created a life and family that has conquered all that life has thrown at them so far, and they've showed us that we can handle it too one day.

We love and appreciate all you have done and continue to do for us and look up to your relationship together more than you know. So thank you for loving each other and setting a wonderful example for us to look up to. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for teaching us right from wrong, for sacrificing all you had to for us, for showing us how to be selfless and care and love for one another, and for raising us together no matter how hard it could be sometimes. For better or for worse, happy anniversary Mom and Dad.