10 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

10 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

"Something wicked this way comes."

1332
10 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas
pixabay.com

Halloween is all about the best costumes and the best parties. But what happens when you get invited out and don’t have a costume ready? You’re stuck as the person who’s too cool to dress up for halloween. Or what if you think it’s utterly ridiculous that people are willing to pay $50 on a costume from Spirit Halloween that they’ll probably never use again. Here are 10 DIY costumes you can throw together before the big day!

1. Fruit

Grab a colored shirt from the craft store and with a fabric marker spice up that shirt with details resembling your fruit! Pineapples, grapes, watermelon you name it! You can pair your shirt with colored leggings or tights and make a headband for any leaves or vines that your fruit may have! Super cute, super easy. And like the girls pictured above, it’s a great group costume!

2. Skeleton

If you’re good with makeup or face painting, this is the best look for you. Your costume is primarily your face, so it keep it spooky and clean. If you wanna go all out you can pull together an old pair of leggings and a long sleeved black shirt and spray paint the bones to emphasize the rest of your skeleton.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow makeup is super cute and easy, mess around and make it fun. Button up your flannel shirt, slip into your jeans, and pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Add some fake hay or straw for that nice stuffed look.

4. Forrest and Jenny Gump

Couples costumes rule and the fact that this one happens to be of Forrest and Jenny make it all the better. Life is like a box of chocolates and you can be the surprise that people didn’t expect at the party. Dressing up like a hippie who loves to sing can't be hard, just don't forget the flowers in your hair. Put your own twist on it and make it your own. Peace and love.

5. Minnie mouse

Minnie Mouse is the perfect, yet simple costume. If you have Minnie ears and you’re keeping it black and red you can’t miss the mark! A simple black t-shirt and a red tutu or skirt goes a long way with Minnie. and if you wanna do a little extra adding a little black nose will top it off!

6. Clueless

The ultimate group costume. Find your plaid skirts and beepers ladies. Alright, so you might not have a yellow plaid skirt in your closet, but you can definitely still pass Cher and Dionne off with keeping the color scheme alike. Keep it 90s, don’t forget your knee high socks and have the hair flip down. Everyone will be totally buggin when you guys walk through the door.

7. Hockey and Stanley Cup

Another couples costume for the win! What’s cuter than representing your team winning the Stanley Cup. If you and significant other love hockey I’m sure you’ll have a jersey in the closet. The silver dress, if you happen to have one is perfect, but if you’re feeling crafty you can take a white dress or shirt and glue silver glitter all over and pair it with a sparkly silver tutu. Slap on the NHL image and you’re good to go. For the cup headband, you can superglue a small aluminum bowl to a plastic headband or shape foil into the size of the cup and glue on!

8. Mary-kate and Ashley

The twins are notorious for their “You’re invited to Mary-kate and Ashley’s” parties so it’d be unnatural to not seek inspiration from them. If you have someone to twin with, all you have to do is find something cute to match. Anything that screams 90s fashion will suffice: overall’s, bright neon colors, and scrunchies! So lets take it back to better times and definitely cooler outfits, you got it dude?

9. Eleven

Its all about Stranger Things. Season 2 comes out Friday, October 27th and I can’t wait! If you’re a blonde who keeps Eggo waffles in your freezer then you’re already half way there. A simple pink dress and your old converse will tie the outfit together nicely.

10. The cat

The basic, but classic halloween costume. When all else fails the cat is always the best fall back costume. Put on your best smokey cat eyed makeup, add a little nose and whiskers. Pull together an all black outfit, cat ears, and you’re set. If you wanna go for the cat woman look all black leather and stilellto boots will be your best friend.