Great Grandparents Make Great Parents Make Great Kids

My Grandparents made my parents who they are which made me who I am.

25
Jean Baber

My grandparents have always been there for me and have always been two of my biggest supporters in my life. It didn’t matter if they were supporting me in sports, work, academics, hobbies, or just life in general and I know they did the same for my parents when they were kids as well. My parents have been the most supporting parents on the earth to me. No matter what I wanted to do in life they were always right there to help me be confident in what I do and by helping me obtain my goals in everything I do. If it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be who I am today and I wouldn’t be where I am today. No really, I wouldn’t be in college without them and I can’t thank them enough for that. If I wouldn’t have gone to college I wouldn’t have joined Sigma Pi and I wouldn’t have become the hardworking man and leader I am today.

Well, I guess I will start with how great my grandparents are. Ever since I came into their lives they have been always making sure my life is good and that I am happy. Every time I see them I always get the “Is there anything we can get you or give you to help you out?” or the “Do you need money or food to make things easier.” They know I don’t need anything but they always ask me just because they want to show me how much they love me and how much I mean to them. Every accomplishment I have had in life whether it’s getting an award or just catching a nice fish off their dock on their lake they always wanted to have a picture of it so they don’t miss or forget anything that has happened in my life. When I see how my parents and grandparents act around each other to and how they talk to each other I can tell that my grandparents treated my parents the same way they treated me. My grandparents are some of the most caring and loving people on this earth and I am happy I was blessed enough to call them my grandparents.

Next, comes my parents. They are the hardest working people that I know and the most supportive. My mom and dad have always told me to put 100% into what I want to do and to leave everything I touch in a better place than what it was when I started. Every sport I played and every hobby I have ever had they have made sure to support me every step of the way. Even if I wasn’t very good at the said sport or hobby. They never told me you’re not good enough or I am not sure if that’s the right decision. Their response is always okay what do you need us to do. I owe them everything that I gain in life. Without them, I wouldn’t have done anything in my life. Every accomplishment I have obtained is also their accomplishment and I hope they know that. I love my parents and I always will.

Finally, there is me. I am an only child and I am 23 years old. I have done a lot in my life and I owe all that to my parents and grandparents. I have been to almost every place you can think of in my home state of Michigan and I have basically been able to do every hobby/sport that you can think of thanks to my parents. I have been taught to work hard and to play harder in life. My parents always told me "why live life, if you can’t enjoy it", so whenever I can I try to enjoy life. How they raised me also made me the great leader that I am today as well. When I was president of my fraternity I lead the organization to Resident Student Organization of the Year at my university which is the highest award obtainable at the school and the following year I was a finalist for Most Influential Leader on campus award as well. If it wasn’t for my parents and grandparents none of that would’ve been possible and I wouldn’t be who I am today. From what I have seen in life I would have to say the whole Great Grandparents Make Great Parents Make Great Kids saying is 100% true and I have my parents and grandparents to thank for that. Does this hold true to you too?