Good Food for a Good Cause (and Price)

Good Food for a Good Cause (and Price)

Brace Yourselves for Binghamton's Fall 2016 Restaurant Week

21
Good Food for a Good Cause (and Price)

The reason you are probably viewing this page right now is because of the appealing nature of the title. As college students, we have no choice but to adhere to the bland dining hall food that has become the epitome of our vanishing appetites. For the sake of convenience and saving money (definitely more of the latter for the majority of us), we rarely consider going out to eat/ eating off campus. But do not kiss your appetite goodbye just yet. With Binghamton’s biannual Restaurant Week, your dreams of good food, cheap prices, and great company in college are just a bus (or car) ride away from campus. With participating restaurants from all over downtown Binghamton, you can get yourself a 3-course meal for a single, fixed price. Furthermore, the money you are paying also supports charity. You can go to a restaurant for either lunch or dinner and will have plenty of options to choose from depending on what type of food you are in the mood for. This semester, Restaurant Week will be taking place from October 18th to October 27th. Trust me, if there is a time you wish to eat off campus, take advantage of the treats and deals Restaurant Week has in store for you.

That being said, I have listed some of my ABSOLUTE favorite places in Binghamton (including a link to the menus and prices) participating in Restaurant Week this semester that you should definitely try out!

1. Citrea

Located right beneath Chenango Place, this is one of my favorite places in Binghamton. This restaurant is fairly new, so not many people know about it. I definitely recommend their personal pizzas, especially the Margherita or Citrea (if you are a fan of shrimps and spice). Furthermore, their zeppole deserts-which consist of fried dough topped with Nutella- will only be probably the most delicious dessert you will ever have.

http://eatbing.com/menu/citrea-restaurant-bar-lunch-menu-restaurant-week-fall-2016

2. Zonas

If you are a fan of nachos, tacos, or quesadillas, this is your place to be. I personally recommend their mountain nachos and quesadillas. For great portions and irresistible food, you are definitely getting your money's worth. I have never eaten at Zonas during restaurant week, but I am sure their RW menu will be just as satisfying. This restaurant is located right on the corner between Washington and State Street, and has beautiful outdoor seating and great vibes.

http://www.zonagrille.com/

3. Crepe Heaven

The title basically speaks for itself. You are basically in a Crepe Heaven at this place. With a number of selections of sweet and savory crepes, you will not walk out leave unsatisfied. My personal favorite savory crepes are either the spinach & ricotta crepe or the chicken, mozzarella, and basil crepe. For sweet crepes, pretty much any crepe with nutella and fruits did the job for me. I strongly encourage you to try out this place, especially if you have never tried a savory crepe before. To be honest, I did not even know those existed until I came to this place!

https://eatbing.com/menu/crepe-heaven-lunch-menu-restaurant-week-fall-2016

To view the rest of the offerings that Restaurant Week brings, I have attatched the link below. Happy eating!

Full list of Restaurants: https://eatbing.com/event/restaurant-week-fall-2016