Mejuri's Gold Zodiac Jewelry Is The Cosmic Karma You Earned | The Odyssey Online

Mejuri's Gold Zodiac Jewelry Collection Is EXACTLY The Cosmic Karma You've Earned This Year

The universe is calling to you.

18604

- Once a taboo topic of conversation, astrology has become a common topic of conversation over the past decade.

- With minimalism on the rise, jewelry lovers are rejoicing over dainty, essential pieces they can wear over and over again to fit with any outfit.

- Mejuri is a jewelry brand with the mission of making luxe, fine jewelry accessible for every budget and lifestyle whether you're pairing their rings with red carpets or throwing a necklace on top of sweats before running to your early morning class.

- Mejuri's zodiac collection is the holy trinity of astrology, gold, and dainty jewelry. Any trend, jewelry, or astrology lover is bound to gravitate towards the 18 karat gold rings and necklaces.

- At $375 for each necklace and $70 per ring, they're pricey so I'd say they're only really worth the splurge if you're looking for an essential piece of jewelry you'd wear on a daily basis and make a universally-loved gift for a friend.

About a decade ago, gold jewelry was deemed by the Western fashion world as looking cheap and kitsch. As an Indian woman, gold always reigned supreme, and it's always been my what I gravitated towards in jewelry — anything else felt totally unnatural.

So when, in the past couple of years, gold regained the approval of fashion editors and luxury couture houses around the world, the jewelry market responded and I couldn't have been more thrilled by the abundance of options.

One of the first small jewelry brands I hear of was Mejuri, renowned by fashion bloggers and minimalists for their dainty, essential pieces made to be layered and paired with just about any outfit from your swimwear to fancy ball gowns and sweats.

When their PR team offered to send me some pieces about a year ago, I was thrilled and have been wearing them every day I wear jewelry ever since.

How I Wear Them

Having grown up as a dancer, I am a huge fan of big, loud costume jewelry — on stage. When it comes to my daily life, I prefer simple, everyday pieces that don't require much time or effort. I have about eight pieces of jewelry, and I wear every single one every day because I know they'll go with every single thing I'm wearing.

Mejuri

One of the items in my jewelry capsule collection is my Mejuri ring. The sleek, 18 karat gold coating adds a bit of shine to the hand without being too glitzy or overpowering, and the small embellishment of the constellation correlating to your astrological sign of choice is subtle enough to be paired with several other rings.

When I wear the ring, I usually have two other rings on my finger. Both of them are gold, one with small diamonds set into the band, and the other with rose quartz embedded into the band — they all fit together seamlessly, and I never have to think twice about what clothes I'm wearing with them.

I have yet to try out the zodiac necklace, but it's definitely on my wish list given its similarity to the ring and how simply it would pair with any other necklaces I own. Like the ring, it has a simple and small circle medallion, set with a small constellation embellishment and chic little AAA grade gemstones.

How They Feel

I have extremely sensitive skin to the point at which I actually break out in hives unless I'm wearing high-quality gold. I probably couldn't sound more pretentious, but it's been true since I was a kid and had to pair arms of bangles and massive, embellished necklaces to pair with Indian clothes at family events and weddings.

For that reason, I've stuck mostly to old family heirlooms as my jewelry essentials. Other than that, I stay away from trying anything new in fear of having to spend my nights with frozen peas and aloe vera on my arms or chest.

I had absolutely no issues with the Mejuri jewelry I've tried. In fact, I even spent a long, humid holiday in the Bombay heat wearing this and experienced no side effects. The brand's mission is to bring luxury, fine jewelry to the masses, and they've truly managed that with their high-quality metals.

The gold zodiac collection, in particular, is actually sterling silver with a thick 18 karat gold vermeil coating on top of it — that's what gives it the super sleek, shiny appearance. All necklaces and rings in the zodiac collection are also available in sterling silver as well, dipped in a shiny rhodium coating.

Mejuri

Conclusion

I was lucky enough to be gifted the products I received from Mejuri, but outside of that, these would definitely be pieces I'd save up for as a treat or one-time splurge because I know I'd be wearing them nearly every day for at least several years.

If you're a true minimalist, looking for some new essentials to add to your collection, or just want some jewelry to gift the astrology-lover in your life, Mejuri's zodiac collection is high quality, luxurious, and a fair price point for what it has to offer, especially when compared to competitors who offer the same quality at several times the price.

Buy Mejuri's zodiac rings for $70 and zodiac necklaces for $375 at Mejuri.com

Odyssey may earn a portion of purchases made via links on this page.