God Is In Control Of Your Plan | The Odyssey Online

God Is In Control Of Your Plan

Finding out that neither the world nor yourself is truly in control, but God is.

222
God Is In Control Of Your Plan
Unsplash

We have all been there. Up to our eyeballs in stress and anxiety and not knowing what our next move was, looking everywhere possible to find some relief in all our worries and doubts and coming up with nothing that seemed to help longer than a few minutes or hours. These days seemed to grow longer and longer with no answer or solution in sight.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe we have been looking in the wrong place? That maybe we have been wrestling with the world, thinking that it was the problem all along and wondering why everything that we do does not help us at all?

It has taken some time to wrap this around my mind. And why is that?

BECAUSE I WAS TRYING TO BE IN CONTROL.

Many of us have this fear of not being in control of our situations, thus amplifying our worries, doubts, fears, stress, anxiety, and so on. We feel as though to get through a situation, we have to be in control all of the time, no matter what. This is what has made it so seemingly impossible to get through tough times, no matter how big or small they may be. It recently occurred to me that I, personally, have been looking in the wrong places. I have tried to keep myself busy through games on my phone, binge-watching Netflix, and as crazy as it may sound, eating. It has ultimately led to a quite unhealthy lifestyle and no relief to my problems.

So, who or what is in control of my plan?

One person: GOD

God is in control of everything. When looking back at creation, He did it in seven days. If He did all that in seven days, imagine what He can do for each one of us. There are two verses that have guided me and may be able to help others. The first, Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give to you an expected end." The second, Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

God has a purpose and plan for everyone, no matter who you are. The thing that we all must do is believe in it. It is undoubtedly one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do and continues to be a struggle daily, but I know that His plan is the ultimate one.

When in doubt, do not look around at the world to solve your problems. Look up to God to guide you through His plan.