How Girls Can Make The First Move | The Odyssey Online
relationships

5 Ways Girls Can Make The First Move Without Coming Off As Desperate

Sometimes all a man needs is a little push in the right direction... Make the first move!

375
https://unsplash.com/photos/_H-SlrD9RGg

As women, we have been taught to think our whole lives that we will be approached by men who are interested in us. The movies have trained our minds to think if a guy is interested in us, they'll buy us a drink from across the bar or come up and introduce themselves.

When in reality, we don't have it that easy.

Men lack self-esteem just like women do, especially in the dating world. Just because you may not get approached by anyone all night at the party you're at doesn't mean you aren't catching the interest of a number of men.

There is where it's time for ladies to take charge- I mean it is 2019 after all. ;)

1. Ask for help

https://media.giphy.com/media/vqgR8swJieLSw/giphy.gif

Stroke their egos, ladies.

Men love having the upper hand and feeling like they can solve a problem. Whether it's using their height to grab something off the top shelf at the store or getting their opinion on what tool would work best for your home improvement project- let them assist you.

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean to dumb yourself down. There's nothing worse to a guy then when girls act dumb just to get their attention.

Ask him a meaningful question that could lead to more conversation. It'll give him the opportunity to show himself off and give you the opportunity to thank them and go from there.

2. Compliments

https://media.giphy.com/media/1itJk4CyTUotZVbwMm/giphy.gif

Compliments can go a long way when you're trying to flirt with a guy but it can also come off as desperate if you sound like you're just complimenting anything to get their attention.

This is an area where girls who are knowledgable about sports have the upper hand. See a guy wearing your favorite sports team? Compliment their taste in sports teams and strike up a conversation about the game.

However, if you're like me and don't know the first thing about sports, this method can come back to bite you in the ass and just leaving you to look desperate and dumb.

Given this, it would make anyone feel good to notice a physical or even mental characteristic about them. So be bold- and go for it. What's the worse that can happen?

3. Smile

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohs7JOV0CLqGbKsaA/giphy.gif

As minuscule as it may seem, a simple smile can go a long way.

And I'm not talking about the sweet smile you give passing the elderly lady down the cereal aisle, give him the eyes. There is a way to send a message through a flirty smile and even a wink that says I'm interested.

4. Use your friends are your wingmen

https://media.giphy.com/media/NwCsM5TClU0F2/giphy.gif

Sometimes all a man needs is a little push in the right direction. Get your friends to gas you up to the cutie you are eyeing and it'll give him the push to come up and talk to you. By using this method you still technically made the first move, right? ;)

5. Remind yourself why you're a catch

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6nUO2pRpvSVoaBKU/giphy.gif

Confidence is KEY, ladies! Remind yourself of your good qualities and use them to your advantage- it's why you have them, isn't it?! Confidence is attractive and will draw any man in.

Making the first move on a guy can be extremely intimidating and may even make you feel out of place. But letting somebody know you're into them can have more positive outcomes than you may think. And even if things might not work, you'll never know unless you give it a shot!

Like all things in life, practice makes perfect. And by practicing these forward actions and letting your confidence shine, guys will find your take-charge attitude impressive and attractive.