It's 2019 And It's Okay For Girls To Be Assertive | The Odyssey Online
relationships

It's 2019 And It's Okay For Girls To Be Assertive

Put yourself out there with everything that you've got, because it's 2019 and we are living life unapologetically, ladies!

50
https://unsplash.com/@designecologist

It is that time of the year my friend. Formal season. Also known as the time to frantically search through all of your mutual friends in hopes of finding someone that you would want to ask to go as your date.

Let me tell you. It's hard!! This event is a month away yet all of my friends have been on the prowl already. But this isn't important. My point here is, I am in need of a date. And I want to let you know right now that it is 2019 and I think that it's completely okay for girls to be assertive and put themselves out there when it comes to finding someone!

Maybe I'm just preaching to the choir here. But I really think that we should leave those preconceived notions in the past. Things are different now. There are platforms like Tinder and Bumble that encourage women to make the first move! You don't have to have your mom call their mom and arrange a date anymore. Women have more freedom now than ever before.

Stigmas are just holding us back! Is there someone that you have a crush on? Message that person! Approach them! Tell them! The worst they can do is say no. Life is so much easier when you are straight-forward and unapologetic with how you feel. Let's practice being transparent. Wear your heart on your sleeve. No one will chastise you for it. If anything, I think that people will respect the courage it takes to put yourself out there and give it everything that you've got.

Before I get off of my soapbox, here is my final bit of wisdom. The only person who deserves you is yourself. Your value is not based on the opinion of others. With that being said, put yourself out there with everything that you've got because it's 2019 and we are living life unapologetically, ladies!