A Letter To My Friends Back Home | The Odyssey Online

A Letter To My Friends Back Home

I know the distance sucks, but you're still my A1 since day one.

6
A Letter To My Friends Back Home
Facebook.com

Being two and a half hours away isn’t easy. Neither is being used to seeing you so frequently and then, one day, only being able to see you a few times per year. Now, it has been almost four years that there has been a distance between us, but that distance doesn’t mean much.

OK, so we both know that I can be super sappy. So, let's see how the rest of this letter goes. (I make no promises!)

Every time I come home, I try to see as many people as I can. This can be stressful. I want to thank you for being so understanding of the times when I’ve been home and I haven’t been able to see you. Even if I only get to see you once per year, just know that I really cherish that time.

When things get rough up here, you’re always one of the first who I complain to. If there's any good news in my life, you know about that as well.

Do you know what I love? I love that we mainly communicate via Snapchat.

“I got my methods and student teaching placement!”

“Look how cute my cats are!”

See, I can still manage to be annoying from over 100 miles away. However, let's be for real, my snaps are a blessing and you can't deny that.

Seriously, though, I miss you. It's hard not having you in the same town.

All those times when we would just chill and lay around watching TV, those were my favorites. The best feeling is knowing that your best friend is down the street and only a phone call away.

Adult life sucks, but knowing that, no matter what happens in life, you'll be there is one of the best feelings in the world.

You've been my A1 since day one and I couldn't imagine life without you.

Now, let's fast forward 50 years so that we can be rolling around in our hot pink, motorized wheelchairs screaming Lil' Wayne at the top of our lungs.

One day, our lives will not be as complicated and we can go back to the days of high school when we didn't have to worry about working out our school and work schedules. Or, at least we can dream.

You will always be a part of my life. If you need anything, I'm only a two and a half hour drive away. I will do my best to be here for the biggest moments of your life, including your wedding, birthdays, graduations, etc. Nothing could keep me away.

The same goes for you as well, if you ever need a place to stay or somewhere to escape to for a few days, you are more than welcome to show up on my doorstep. I will always have room for you!

I hope that I get to see you soon and I will let you know when I am in town! Stay beautiful, you wonderful soul.