A New, Fresh Start To Daily Beauty Routines | The Odyssey Online

A New, Fresh Start To Daily Beauty Routines

For Hair, Skin and Nails

3
Unsplash.com

As I embrace 2017 full force, I decided on a few new beauty tips and tricks. I have been doing this routine each morning for about two to three weeks now, and I love it. I wake up, I drink a glass of water, and I get right to it: my new routine!

This routine is nothing big or noticeable, but it makes me feel healthy, more confident, and in control of my body. Although I didn't make any goals for the new year, I have had more motivation than usual to keep myself healthy as can be this new year, which means my hair, skin, and nails as well!

1. Moisturizer!!!

I can not stress enough to you how important moisturizer is to your body. I apply lotion all over myself during the colder months especially. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I am doing something and notice I have dry skin.

2. Coconut Oil

I use coconut oil on my hair after I blow-dry it in the morning. I just take a dab of it and lightly go through my hair to control the frizz.

3. Nail Care

I have never been able to grow my nails out, but I have found that starting at the cuticles is my best option. I apply CuticleElixir to restore any dry cuticles. I also apply a top coat of strengthening nail polish at the beginning of the week to keep my nails from being damaged.

CuticleElixir serum pictured on nails below:

4. Biotin

Not only would I love to grow my nails out, but I want my hair longer and thicker too. Biotin works the best! I have been taking it for a few months now and can tell the world's difference of what it has done for my hair, skin, and nails. I take one tablet once a day.

5. Clean Teeth

I have been trying my best to floss everyday (sometimes I forget) and I love to brush my teeth morning and night. To keep my teeth looking white, I use whitening strips. Usually once a day in the morning. If I notice any sensitivity, I will taper off and use a strip when I feel ready again.

6. Self Tanner

I know that self tanner can be tricky, but sometimes a girl just wants to look like she just got back from her favorite beach get-a-way. To me, looking tan also means feeling healthier and stronger. A little bit once every two weeks works perfect!

7. Vaseline

I use vaseline on my lips to help them stay hydrated and I apply a tiny amount on my eyelashes to help them look longer and fuller.

8. Vitamin E Oil

It is great for the skin. I will use it under my eyes when they are puffy. Sometimes I combine vitamin E oil and coconut oil and apply it to my eyebrows with a clean mascara applicator to help them grow and stay in place.

And that's it!