Finding Peace

Finding Peace

God is building a full shalom

12
Finding Peace
Gabrielle Giglio

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God." - Matthew 5:9

definition of peace: noun. freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility.

When we have silence, we have peace. Peace is to be free from the chaos, free from disturbance, free from stress. Yet we live our lives in chaos, disturbance, and stress. We are called to a life of peace. We are called to be even more than that. We are called to be peacemakers.

That sounds cool and all, but what does being a peacemaker entail? We all have different gifts to offer the world, all of which can bring peace to those we encounter on a daily basis. Romans 12:8 describes it perfectly:

"If it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully."

There is always something going on in the world. There is always something that brings chaos, disturbance, and stress into our lives. The world tells us that we need to feel this way towards earthly things; that we must be stressed and always caught up with what is going on in the world. But guess what, we don't because with God all things are possible. With God we have peace.

Peacemakers have God perspective, they choose God's passion, and they take God's position. 2 Corinthians 5:20 says, "We are therefore Christ's ambassadors...We implore [God] on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God." When we reconcile with God, when we exist in harmony with him and his ways, we have peace because Christ is before all and holds everything together for us.

We must lower ourselves and do nothing out of selfish acts, as Philippians 2:3-4 states, "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." Instead of being selfish, humble yourselves before the Lord, and put the significance of others before yourself. That is the position of God. He puts us first, we must do the same for other people.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." - Revelation 21:4

God is building a full shalom, a full peace for all of those who believe in His word. Who doesn't want that? Doesn't having a peace that transcends all understanding sound so beautiful? What if you were told that you can have that peace, because you can. It is available to you if you reconcile with God and believe His word.

Pray. Pray for peace and guidance. Pray for clear eyes to see only Him and His ways. He so desperately wants you to reach out to Him. So what are you waiting waiting for?

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians 5:17