Fight For What You Love

Fight For What You Love

It's Worth the Battle

457
Fight For What You Love

I don’t give up easily. Don’t get me wrong, I will not let anyone walk all over me, but I will not give up on you if I see some potential in you. It’s always good to have a little faith. The best kind of faith, however, is when you see the good in someone that they don’t even see in themselves.

You carry a lot of broken parts, but I love them all. I love every ounce of baggage on your shoulder's, and every flaw that you hate about yourself. But for some reason, you don’t see in yourself what I see in you.

Who did that to you? Who made you feel so undesirable and hard to love? Maybe she told you that you’d never find love again once she left you, but little did she know, I came along and found more love in you than she ever could.

I love how easy it is to talk to you. I love that you take the time to talk to me and learn about me. I love the new things you helped me discover about myself. I love the adventures. I love everything about you.

Our lives have become so entangled that I could not imagine one without you. You are the closest thing to me. There is just something about you that is so captivating –so intriguing. Maybe it’s the way you dance or smile or laugh or even say my name. That is why you are my first pick. I will never stop choosing you, regardless if you chose someone other than me.

In my life, I have never been the girl to pick off the petals of a flower saying, “he loves me, he loves me not.” Instead, it has been “he loves me, kind of, he loves me not enough.” With you, it’s different. Our hearts opened up, and this has been a different kind of love –one that I’ve never felt before.

I lost you once. I will not lose you again. Nothing could have ever prepared me for the way my heart shattered when I lost you the first time. I will never let it happen again.

We are at war…not with each other, but with our hearts. Should we be together, or are we better off as friends? That is the question that we are faced with every single day. Sometimes I think I can’t handle this. Sometimes I wish that I could forget about all of these emotions, and feel nothing towards you at all. I’m fooling myself.

If you want my honest opinion, we are blind if we think that we could remain friends and fight off the love that we have for each other. There is absolutely nothing in this world that can keep me away from you. I will fight for you until the day my heart stops beating.

People have always said, “If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it’s yours. If it doesn’t, it was never meant to be.” I have a hard time wholeheartedly believing in this statement because sometimes you’re not supposed to just let things go with such great ease. Sometimes it’s your job to fight for what you love in order for it to stay. Because sometimes it could be the man of your dreams who is slightly misguided, a little insecure and doesn’t love himself nearly as much as you love him. So don’t let him go, dammit. Fight. And fight hard, and if in the end it was a lost battle, then you can dust yourself off and set him free. Because if after fighting tooth and nail with your entire heart for him, he still chooses to walk away, then and only then was it never meant to be. But if he stays, God if he stays, then you will be the luckiest person on this planet and you hold on tight to him and never think about letting him go.