Sunscreen | The Odyssey Online

20 necessities you can't leave behind for firefly

Prepare yourself for an amazing firefly experience

353
Caroline Watson 24173872_1913828145297329_7115793387463955580_o.jpg

When you're camping out for four days at a music festival there are some things that you will definitely want to bring to make your overall experience better.

A Reusable Water Bottle

you will be walking around and sweating so much throughout the festival that you will want a canteen or water bottle that you can fill up to keep yourself hydrated- you don't wanna pass out from jamming too hard.

First Aid Kit

Camping out for four days around a bunch of strangers is amazing and fun, but you have no idea what's going to happen. This could save your ass from some potentially dangerous situations.

Flashlight

You're living outside, it will get dark and you will want some sort of light source other than your phone which will probably be dead by the end of the day.

Shoes you won't care about getting dirty

We all love to buy cute outfits and shoes for music festivals and strut our stuff, but honestly sometimes its comfort over fashion. Make sure you bring some comfortable shoes that you will not mind getting mud on.

Sunglasses

c1.staticflickr.com

Ultraviolet rays can honestly destroy your eyes, so let's make sure that doesn't happen. Sunglasses can also be helpful towards the protection against dust getting into your eyes. Make sure to pack your lenses!

Hygiene wipes

When you get back to your campsite after a long day of jamming out and dancing around to your favorite bands, you'll feel a bit grimy. Moistened wipes will help you removed all the sweat and oil you'll have, and it'll help you feel little bit more refreshed.

Sunscreen

Making sure your skin is protected against the sun is so important. You'll be exposed to so much sunlight throughout the four days of the festival so you will wanna make sure you don't get some horrible sunburn that will ruin your experience.

Hand Sanitizer

Your hands will be dirty from so many things, sanitize that shit.

Tapestry to sit on

c1.staticflickr.com

It's always nice to have something to sit on in the fields while you take a break from walking around. It's also super easy to fit it a backpack!

Pre-packaged snacks

upload.wikimedia.org

Between dancing, drinking, and all the walking you'll be doing you're going to get hungry. Although you have to try some of the food in the festival- it can get a bit pricey. Pack some snacks for inside the festival to give you some energy!

Backpack/fanny pack

If you are planning on bringing things like food, water, lighter, etc. into the festival then you need something to carry it in!

Speaker

If you're planning on partying and dancing your butt off at your campsite too, then bring a bumping speaker that will provide you with some awesome tunes

Bug spray

You do not want nasty bugs biting you all weekend, especially when you're trying to sleep.

Portable Charger

Between taking pictures, and texting people to meet up with, your phone will die very fast. Having a portable charger will be your saving grace.

Rain Ponchos

You don't know what mother nature will have in store for you that weekend. And don't tell me you checked your weather app because that shit can change in an instant. To hide away from the rain, ponchos will do the trick!

Red Solo Cups

I fill you up, let's have a party. These are essential for drinking games!

Trash Bags

Your campsite will get messy and screw pollution.

Comfy folding chairs

Lay back and relax at your campsite with some comfy chairs

Cooler filled with ice

Keeping your beer and food cold is always a good idea, there are ice stations in the festival that are handy as well!

Bathing suit

Taking a shower in public is easier