A Way Too Early Eagles Mock Draft 2017 1.0

Time to prepare for next season!

13
florida.247sports.com

I hate watching the playoffs when the Eagles aren't playing, so here's an Eagles only mock draft!

I cannot know exactly which pick the Eagles will have in each round because of supplementary picks and such, so I'll simply be referencing Jimmy Kempski's Eagle's pick chart.

Notice** the further into the draft I go, the more of a guessing game this begins. Enjoy!

1. Round 1- Corey Davis, WR, WMU

AHHH I fangirl over this guy. If the Eagles draft him and he is successful, then the Eagles could start a new trend of choosing players who may not be from the biggest baddest college teams in the NFL early in the first round. Wentz and Davis could become a dangerous tandem that could resemble that of Donovan McNabb and T.O. before that relationship went south. This duo could be all that it takes to catapult the Eagles into playoff contention, as Wentz could have a relatively stable running game, a somewhat consistent Jordan Matthews, and a reliable Zach Ertz. Davis has athleticism and talent, as well as size, and is a sure-fire first round pick. He could be the first WR picked in the draft, with his main competition being Mike Williams from Clemson.

2. Round 2- Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

The tatted-Teez-Tabor is a competitor, which is Jim Schwartz's type of corner. The Eagles will, again, search for an improved secondary this offseason, and will likely draft a corner early. Tabor is very aggressive and plays with a swagger that could compete with that of Jalen Mills. Tabor may not be available this late, but I believe that with such a deep cornerback class, he will be ready, able, and deserving for an Eagles draft pick.

3. Round 3- Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan

I've heard Magnuson's name connected to the Eagles a few times. He's another big, versatile guy (having started games at guard) who could grow behind Jason Peters and Lane Johnson, and eventually replace Johnson at the Right Tackle position when Peters retires and Johnson is moved over. It would be a great idea for the Eagles to bring as many players into the offensive line competition as possible.

4. Round 4- Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo

Hunt might not be the best running back in this year's draft, but that doesn't undermine his abilities. His senior year, Hunt began to unveil his abilities in the passing game, which ole' Dougie P. always loves to see. Hunt should be available in the fourth round, and could be a solid backup for the Eagles running game. He would likely replace Kenjon Barner, who might not return next season.

5. Round 5- Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois

Golladay is a large guy, and with my expectation that the Eagles will draft a wide-reciever early, and sign a free agent who can be a deep threat (Kenny Stills, DeSean Jackson, Cordarelle Patterson, etc.), I can see the Eagles grabbing a red-zone threat late in the draft.

6. Round 5- Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA

Moreau is a reliable late-round corner who creates many pass breakups, and could stir up competition in the Eagle's patchy secondary. I expect the Eagles to try to sign a corner in the offseason as well, creating competition, depth, and talent early on for the secondary.

7. Round 6- Jessamen Dunker, OG, Tennessee State

Another large lineman, Dunker would compete and improve the depth chart.

8. Round 7- James Onwualu, OLB, Notre Dame

Onwualu could be a late round pick like Joe Walker who may earn himself a spot on the depth chart in the incoming seasons. The Eagles could use depth at linebacker, but it is not a pressing positional need.

Now disagree with me in the comments please! Should the Eagles draft Mike Williams in the first round instead? Would Teez Tabor even be available in the second round? Where's the pass-rushers?