Early Bird Special

Early Bird Special

The Perks Of Being A Morning Person

17
Early Bird Special
Dog Magz

Growing up, I've always been a morning person. Now some people may think that's a little crazy, especially those in high school or college, because a few extra minutes of sleep at that point is a gift from the Universe. Yet no matter how late I sleep, I always manage to wake up at 8 am each day.

There are many perks to getting up earlier in the morning that we often tend to overlook. While it is fun to stay up at night, there's also nothing quite like waking up to the sunrise and quietude.

So without further ado, here are 8 positives that come with waking up early in the morning:

1.) Its good for your mental health and peace of mind.

Getting up earlier allows you more time to meditate and relax before you start your day. This allows you to go through it with a clearer head and calmer, more positive attitude.

2.) You can get a head start on your day.

Let's get organized! If you wake up earlier, you can plan your day without feeling overwhelmed or stressed about your workload. Thus, the rest of your day will be a little less hectic than it usually is.

3.) You can finish homework from the night before in the morning, as well as study/review for an exam.

Rather than cramming your brain with information that you are more likely to forget, waking up a little bit earlier will allow you more time to prepare yourself for class or work. Therefore, you are more likely to understand and retain this information, instead of simply memorizing it.

4.) It allows you more time to exercise in the morning, which can lead to a healthier lifestyle.

Let's face it, in our day-to-day lives, sometimes it's a little tough to squeeze in a workout. On top of that, postponing that workout to late at night isn't healthy for our bodies to begin with. So if you wake up earlier in the morning, you'll have more time to exercise, which ultimately aids in creating a healthier lifestyle.

5.) You can read the news early in the morning.

With all of the things going on in the world, sometimes it's hard to keep up with the news. But if you wake up earlier, you'll have more time to catch up on what's happening all around us, which will then allow you to be more informed on the state of our world.

6.) It gives you more time to enjoy a full and nourishing breakfast, rather than forcing you to rush out the door without eating anything.

Breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day; however, we often tend to skip it or grab something less healthy to eat if we're in a rush. But if you wake up earlier, you'll have more time to eat a real, wholesome breakfast in the morning, and that could lead to better physical health as well.

7.) You won't have to rush at all!

It's amazing what an extra half hour, or even fifteen minutes can do for you in the morning! Instead of feeling rushed or stressed, you'll have more time to prepare for your day if you wake up just a little bit earlier.

8.) Waking up early means that you'll have more time to be with yourself.

This one is by far my personal favorite. In this day in age, I believe that we spend too much time doing things and being around other people. Although this isn't entirely a bad thing, we can become overwhelmed by it. When it comes down to it, we all need some alone time. By waking up earlier, when everything is quiet and the sun is just beginning to rise, we will be granted that space and time all for ourselves.